Automatically End Call?

contesttwits

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello Everyone!

I've jumped ship from an iPhone and I think I've gotten the hang of Android by now but - I noticed that when I finish talking to someone on a phone call, if they hang up first, I have to tap the end call button to finish the conversation. I know that on the iPhone, it would automatically end the call if the person on the other end hangs up, so I usually used to just put the phone down when the conversation is over without having to hit a "end call" button.

Is there a feature for this on the S3 that I need to activate or does Android not automatically hang-up calls when the other end has hung-up?

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hello Everyone!

I've jumped ship from an iPhone and I think I've gotten the hang of Android by now but - I noticed that when I finish talking to someone on a phone call, if they hang up first, I have to tap the end call button to finish the conversation. I know that on the iPhone, it would automatically end the call if the person on the other end hangs up, so I usually used to just put the phone down when the conversation is over without having to hit a "end call" button.

Is there a feature for this on the S3 that I need to activate or does Android not automatically hang-up calls when the other end has hung-up?

???? All android phones do... At least everyone I have owned. I know samsung is laggy and can take a second or two to closed the call window. But It shouldnt keep you in the "phone call" unless the other person does not hang up.

Plus you can always hang up first too. Just saying.

contesttwits

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Maybe I'm just not giving it enough time! I could always hang-up first but I usually just toss my phone after a call! Bad habit I suppose! I'll try to notice how long it takes then to auto-hang-up, as I know when I first got the S3, it did do it but, lately it seems like it takes a lot longer than just a couple of seconds.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Maybe I'm just not giving it enough time! I could always hang-up first but I usually just toss my phone after a call! Bad habit I suppose! I'll try to notice how long it takes then to auto-hang-up, as I know when I first got the S3, it did do it but, lately it seems like it takes a lot longer than just a couple of seconds.

Welcome to android central BTW.
I hope you can figure it out. If your phone is getting too slow.
download a file manager, Delete old files from old applications
Also go into your phone settings > applications, and wipe cache from things like instagram, facebook, and the internet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae