Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AT&T Galaxy S3 - Battery @ 35% when I went to bed.

Last night I went to bed with my battery being 35% on my galaxy s3 ATT. When I woke up 5 hours later it was dead. The Andriod OS was the problem keeping it awake, and using 40% of my battery in the battery stats. Has anyone else had this problem??? Any help would be great ! THANKS!

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

Default Re: AT&T Galaxy S3 - Battery @ 35% when I went to bed.

Get watchdog lite (free app). It will pinpoint the runaway process and alert you so you can kill it. A common one is android media process. It seems to be a bug in the latest updates and is related to micro SD cards. Replacing them seems to help. Just my observations from reading the forum.

I've had this same thing popup in Watchdog just recently. Watchdog alerts keep popping up every couple minutes after I watch a video I took. The video is on the SD card. That's interesting that you think it is the SD card. Do you have a link to a post that talks about this?

I kill the Android Media process from Watchdog but it keeps restarting the process and consuming a high % of cpu (40% or more).

The only thing to get it to stop is to restart the phone (Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3).
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

what seem to work for me this past week was to pull the battery out while the phone was on, leave it out for 5 minutes, put it back in the phone, hook my phone up to samsung kies then do a back up on samsung kies, then restore my phone back to factory settings. hooked my phone back up to samsung kies and my battery now last 12-14 hours with moderate to heavy use. The cool thing is when I reset it to the factory settings it does not go back to a previous operating system. I dont know maybe you guys can give it a shot if your still having issues