S3 won't work in car.

settthhh

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
So I have the Galaxy S3, rooted and have usb mass storage enabled through this app. However, it still doesn't work through usb in my car. I can play it through the AUX cable but that doesn't let me use the steering wheel controls to change the music. Is there any tips to help me get this to work? I have a 2014 Chevy Cruze LT.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about how the Cruz is set up, but I know for a fact that just plugging in the aux cable won't do it. I'd venture to guess you'll have to sync it via Bluetooth to be able to use the steering wheel controls, and even then sometimes Android doesn't work as well as iOS devices do. Check the owner's manual for more details on syncing your device.

settthhh

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't allow bluetooth streaming unless I get a new head-unit, which would be my very last option. All I want is for it to play my music through the USB like it does with an iPhone flawlessly.

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't allow bluetooth streaming unless I get a new head-unit, which would be my very last option. All I want is for it to play my music through the USB like it does with an iPhone flawlessly.

Sorry, but the micro usb charge port in the Samsung does not support audio. I use my Note 2 with my ford sync system and tried the same thing when I was having bluetooth issues.
Bluetooth works flawlessly now and I can use my steering wheel controls and the playing songs show up on my screen.
I thought an mhl adapter would work, but can only find micro usb to hdmi and not usb.
Sent from my GT-P6210 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thanthan23