1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AT&T Galaxy S3 - 4.3 update

Wonder if the Nov. 13 date for the update will stick . At&t took a very long time with the 4.1.2 update. Hope everything goes as plan!!!!!

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

Default Re: AT&T Galaxy S3 - 4.3 update

Sounds great BUT I haven't seen this anywhere yet. My question is, Is the Nov 13 date going to be the Day AT&T rolls the OS out or will this be the date Samsung turns it over to AT&T to Add all there additional apps? If this is the AT&T roll out date it's going to be great. If not then it may be July before the new OS is out for us to use. I'm just asking not trying to bash.....

Quote Originally Posted by bogdaryl View Post
    Sounds great BUT I haven't seen this anywhere yet. My question is, Is the Nov 13 date going to be the Day AT&T rolls the OS out or will this be the date Samsung turns it over to AT&T to Add all there additional apps? If this is the AT&T roll out date it's going to be great. If not then it may be July before the new OS is out for us to use. I'm just asking not trying to bash.....
    Awww....you made me sad I didn't think of it this way but it does make sense knowing ATT.

It should be the date of the roll out, if it holds. The AT&T Official 4.3 update for the SGS3 already leaked last week, so I'd imagine it should be close to rolling out.

Global Posts
    716 Global Posts

Verizon and Sprint released their Galaxy S4 updates to 4.3 right on the dates seen in the leaked schedule, so I do suspect that we will see the update START to roll out on the 13th for AT&T users. It may take a few days for everyone to see it though. The thing to consider, Samsung is working closely with carriers to get the update out, just so the Galaxy Gear will sell. No 4.3, no Gear support. Samsung may even have paid money to get the carriers to release in November, instead of February.

Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    Verizon and Sprint released their Galaxy S4 updates to 4.3 right on the dates seen in the leaked schedule, so I do suspect that we will see the update START to roll out on the 13th for AT&T users. It may take a few days for everyone to see it though. The thing to consider, Samsung is working closely with carriers to get the update out, just so the Galaxy Gear will sell. No 4.3, no Gear support. Samsung may even have paid money to get the carriers to release in November, instead of February.
    I have no doubt they paid for it. But its also in AT&T best interest to have the update out. I'm more than confident they will be selling galaxy gear in AT&T stores

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

I'm praying to God that they send it out to all of us Nov. 13, 2013, or earlier! I want group messaging, and I CANT WAIT til Hangouts gets updated to SMS integration!

I'm downloading a 229mb update now as I type... Wonder what it is...? Could it be 4.3 already? Seems too good to be true.

I didn't get anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by ViennaGambit View Post
    I'm downloading a 229mb update now as I type... Wonder what it is...? Could it be 4.3 already? Seems too good to be true.

That was the 4.1.2 update that came out the end of July.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Same here downloaded it. It's 4.3. Looks nice with multi window support.

How are the experiences of others?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    Same here downloaded it. It's 4.3. Looks nice with multi window support.

How are the experiences of others?

What are you guys talking about? 4.3 hasn't been released for the AT&T S3 yet! I think you are talking about 4.1.2?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

It hasn't? My bad yeah its 4.1 2. Was just so excited to see some changes!

Global Posts
    684 Global Posts

The 4.3 update for AT&T S3 is downloading on my phone as I type this! Happy day!

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk 4

I have to wait to get home to download this. Dang-nab-it!

Yesterday after reading that 4.3 was kicking out; I checked for an update on my phone. It read that it was available and it was in fact the huge 600 everyone was talking about. BUT, it got to about 9% downloaded, apparently stopped and disappeared. I was like..huh? So I went back to the update section and did a check for it again...and it said my phone was currently up to date with 4.1.2 version. Has anyone else had this happen?

That REALLY sucks @rae2u_112, Mine installed rather quick and successfully(all though It was stuck on the AT&T logo for a good minute) I now have 4.3 and there are allot of changes.. The camra being my favorite, the settings style being my least favorite.

Well.... I hope to get it soon 😢

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

Quote Originally Posted by rae2u_112 View Post
    Yesterday after reading that 4.3 was kicking out; I checked for an update on my phone. It read that it was available and it was in fact the huge 600 everyone was talking about. BUT, it got to about 9% downloaded, apparently stopped and disappeared. I was like..huh? So I went back to the update section and did a check for it again...and it said my phone was currently up to date with 4.1.2 version. Has anyone else had this happen?
    Same thing happened to the 2 GS3s we have at home. I tried advancing the device date one day, but the download vanished again.

I checked for the update again last night, same thing. Started to download and then disappeared without any prompts. Grrrr

Quote Originally Posted by rae2u_112 View Post
    I checked for the update again last night, same thing. Started to download and then disappeared without any prompts. Grrrr
    I would hold off on doing it until a 4.3.1 comes out... Battery life is pathetic! I'm going to try and flash back to 4.1.2 this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Reemus View Post
    I would hold off on doing it until a 4.3.1 comes out... Battery life is pathetic! I'm going to try and flash back to 4.1.2 this evening.

Careful about flashing back to 4.1.2, as XDA states you could end up w/ a .
    Thanked by: