HELP - Wiped the OS off of my Galaxy S3 I747

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
The title pretty much says it all, I've completely wiped the operating system off of my phone. There is nothing left, absolutely no data or anything. I was much too hasty and irresponsible, and I fear for the worst. I know before installing a ROM you have to wipe your phone, well... I hit advanced wipe and within that I hit "system", went ahead and wiped. There's nothing left on my phone my phone and there are no ROMs on my SD card. I had backed up my phone before wiping but when I wiped that was also deleted. Before restarting it always warns me "No OS installed on your phone, are you sure you want to reboot?" Of course it's bricked and stays at the "Samsung Galaxy SIII" screen. I attempted putting a stock ROM back on my phone through ODIN, but a'las it didn't work (always stops at "SetupConnection"). I have nothing and there is no way for me to get a new ROM on the phone, I obviously cannot connect to my computer unless through download mode because the phone is bricked. So, what do I do? Is there any hope left for me or am I just completely screwed? The phone is less than a month old.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The title pretty much says it all, I've completely wiped the operating system off of my phone. There is nothing left, absolutely no data or anything. I was much too hasty and irresponsible, and I fear for the worst. I know before installing a ROM you have to wipe your phone, well... I hit advanced wipe and within that I hit "system", went ahead and wiped. There's nothing left on my phone my phone and there are no ROMs on my SD card. I had backed up my phone before wiping but when I wiped that was also deleted. Before restarting it always warns me "No OS installed on your phone, are you sure you want to reboot?" Of course it's bricked and stays at the "Samsung Galaxy S3" screen. I attempted putting a stock ROM back on my phone through ODIN, but a'las it didn't work (always stops at "SetupConnection"). I have nothing and there is no way for me to get a new ROM on the phone, I obviously cannot connect to my computer unless through download mode because the phone is bricked. So, what do I do? Is there any hope left for me or am I just completely screwed? The phone is less than a month old.

If you know someone who has an AT&T S3, you can possibly make a Nandroid of their device and use that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz