Remove Old Available Bluetooth Devices

Jim Decker

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I rented a car 1000 miles away 2 months ago and used its bluetooth with my AT&T Galaxy S3. It still shows as an available device in my list. Long hold does not bring up a menu. Shutting off the phone and restarting it doesn't make it go away. There is no delete or forget option anywhere. Any ideas?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I rented a car 1000 miles away 2 months ago and used its bluetooth with my AT&T Galaxy S3. It still shows as an available device in my list. Long hold does not bring up a menu. Shutting off the phone and restarting it doesn't make it go away. There is no delete or forget option anywhere. Any ideas?

Try tapping the available device, then menu. Select unpair. There might also be a settings (gear) icon that might get you to unpairing.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

LEMONGRAB

Banned
Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Bump.

Same problem doing a demo test today on head unit. It did have a gear. I pressed it and selected forget/unpair, it went back to previous screen like nothing happened. No gear long press does jack. Bluetooth/power off then on and still nothing. Aaaaaaaaaggghhhhhhhh.

This thread is in unacceptable condition; UNACCEPTABLE....
SSgS|||_2_DroidCentral

ousooner314

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
After unpairing the unwanted Bluetooth device, I think you have to restart the phone for it to disappear from the list. I recall having to do that once before (sorry I don't have my phone with me at the moment to test it out).

LEMONGRAB

Banned
Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
After unpairing the unwanted Bluetooth device, I think you have to restart the phone for it to disappear from the list. I recall having to do that once before (sorry I don't have my phone with me at the moment to test it out).

Thanks for the help, it worked for me.

This thread is in unacceptable condition; UNACCEPTABLE....
SSgS|||_2_DroidCentral

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch