Will the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 get Android KitKat?

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Anybody know?

Well with official software I don't think we will be seeing kitkat. The galaxy s3 is from 2012, and we're closing in on 2014. I don't believe the galaxy s3 i747 has even received the 4.3 update yet. If you root your phone, you should see a pretty stable build of kitkat from the Cyanogenmod team. The 4.3.1 builds are already pretty stable if you want to use those

Targon

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
It was implied that the S3 will get KitKat. Without finding the exact reference, it was stated that region locking was going to be included with the KitKat release for the S3. Now, since KitKat itself was released by Google in 2013, we are within the two year window for releases, so that also is a positive. Keep in mind that the S4 has not gotten KitKat yet, and that one is clearly expected to get it, so the lack of any official statements isn't a bad sign at this point.

Now, the S3 on AT&T SHOULD be released on or slightly after November 13th. Remember, 4.3 is needed for the Galaxy Gear, so Samsung put in a fair amount of resources to get the carriers to release 4.3 SOON, as in, before the holiday shopping season.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Well with official software I don't think we will be seeing kitkat. The galaxy s3 is from 2012, and we're closing in on 2014. I don't believe the galaxy s3 i747 has even received the 4.3 update yet. If you root your phone, you should see a pretty stable build of kitkat from the Cyanogenmod team. The 4.3.1 builds are already pretty stable if you want to use those

Yeah the 4.3.1 ROMs are nice and stable. I'm on DanKang and it's ridiculously awesome. I can't wait for a rooted KitKat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol