Help: Can't make or receive calls outside home area code?

FLRubi

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Last night I traveled out of my home area code of 904 and realized other family members who were with me couldn't reach me on my cellphone. I could send and receive texts and access the internet but I couldn't make or receive calls. My family who were on an iPhone and Blackberry had no problems at all. My roaming selection was also checked but my SGlll couldn't make or receive calls until I returned to my home area code. Does anyone have any idea what might have occurred or recommend something I should try to resolve issue?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Did you notice if you actually had a cellular signal showing on the Status bar?

Anyway, time to contact your carrier - this sounds like a problem on their end.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

FLRubi

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
That's the crazy part. I was on 4G. AT&T claims there was no outage and my phone has worked ever since returning to my home area code. It's frustrating.

Sent from my SM-T310 using AC Forums mobile app

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Weird - for some reason I can't quote your original post. You made a comment 'my roaming selection was also checked' - there'd be no reason that you should have to have roaming enabled unless you were completely out of the AT&T coverage area.

I think the only way you're going to solve this is to go to an AT&T corporate store outside of your home area code. Once they see the problem they should be able to figure out if there's something screwed up with your account settings, or with your SIM (if your phone has one). Sorry.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4