Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Wink Re: AT&T Galaxy S3 4.3 Update Likes/Issues

I checked Assessibility on my device and nothing was check marked however the phone continues to flash the light when it rings, when the alarm goes off. When the alarm decides to go off.
    Some alarms appear to have a sound file associated with it but when the alarm goes "off" only the flashing light is on. It's taking me some time to figure out all the differences with this upgraded operating system. Anything else I should know about version 4.3?

Thanks.
    4re_enzo likes this.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Default Re: AT&T Galaxy S3 4.3 Update Likes/Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Nelimungous View Post
    Settings>my device>Accessibility>Scroll to bottom. Uncheck it

Posted via Android Central App
    It was already unchecked. When my alarm went "off" this morning it didn't make noise either, just flashed the camera light which obviously made me late. I can't find out to remove this....

My alarm is not working as well. The alarm goes off but the snooze icon shuts the alarm off even though it's set for three times, ten minutes apart. Anyone else have this problem or maybe had it and fixed it? I did a full reset to defaults after the 4.3 upgrade cause I couldn't edit any contacts without the service crashing.

Quote Originally Posted by 4re_enzo View Post
    It was already unchecked
    If it's already unchecked then check it, then uncheck it again. You may also need to restart the phone (there's some disagreement over this point).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    If it's already unchecked then check it, then uncheck it again. You may also need to restart the phone (there's some disagreement over this point).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    AMAZING!

My Alarm is at least working now. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob31464 View Post
    It's odd that some have this issue and others don't. The only thing I've noticed is now when I get a call the camera light starts flashing, if anyone knows how to turn that off, please let me know, I haven't been able to find the setting yet.
    Go into Setting>My Device>Accessibility>Show Shortcut> uncheck Accessibility and Apply.
    Also you want to make sure that flash notification is unchecked under the Accessibility page as well.
    Doing both of these steps should stop the camera light from flashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Laney69 View Post
    I checked Assessibility on my device and nothing was check marked however the phone continues to flash the light when it rings, when the alarm goes off. When the alarm decides to go off.
    Some alarms appear to have a sound file associated with it but when the alarm goes "off" only the flashing light is on. It's taking me some time to figure out all the differences with this upgraded operating system. Anything else I should know about version 4.3?

Thanks.
    Go into Setting>My Device>Accessibility>Show Shortcut> uncheck Accessibility and Apply.
    Also you want to make sure that flash notification is unchecked under the Accessibility page as well.
    Doing both of these steps should stop the camera light from flashing.

The flash notification issue is a problem for me, too. Neverminding the problem which has resulted from this 4.3 upgrade, one can turn on/off flash notifications in Accessibility, located in the My Device menu in Settings. When I checked there, the flash notifications was not selected, yet the flash notifications were happening anyway. I tried activating flash notification, rebooted the phone, then tested, confirming that flash notifications were active. I then turned off flash notifications and rebooted again, hoping that would kick the system to stop the notifications - I didn't work. Still having the problem of flash notifications for all incoming calls and messages, as well as for calendar reminders. Anyone else have any luck on this one?

settings accessibility under the hearing settings turn off the flash notification. if it isnt on; turn it on exit the screen, come back, turn it off

Quote Originally Posted by carlt828 View Post
    I
    seem to be getting pic download notifications over and over again. It's the same files each time. I clear them but they pop back up again. I deleted the pics in my downloads folder and re-downloaded a couple from an email message. Still doing it and I can't seem to find out where to stop it yet.
    Not sure if it was mentioned but although I'm on Sprint, try clearing out the cache of the download manager. I too was getting the same problem until I did that. No more issues.

Is there an option somewhere on how to enable the screen to turn on when receiving text messages? It suddenly stopped doing that when I did the update to 4.3.

Doing so should stop the camera light from flashing.

Quote Originally Posted by saintjules View Post
    Is there an option somewhere on how to enable the screen to turn on when receiving text messages? It suddenly stopped doing that when I did the update to 4.3.

Go under your messaging app>settings> under the bar that says Notification settings check to see if Preview Message is checked.

Hi Bob,

same issue with flashing camera light when I get new emails since I've upgraded to 4.3
    Can't find the settings either to turn it off. Have you found anything since your last post?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by L_Ement View Post
    Go under your messaging app>settings> under the bar that says Notification settings check to see if Preview Message is checked.
    It is checked, but that feature is for when you check your lock screen and the message is in a preview in a small box I believe. The screen doesn't actually turn on like before. Not a real big issue, but it was something I was used to.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Just got the art update and the s voice does not open the camera. Instead it opens some gallery for Google plus. How can I fix that? Also I can seem to use voice command for the camera too. I enabled it in settings and sill nothing. Can anyone help?

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SOSandie View Post
    Hi Bob,

same issue with flashing camera light when I get new emails since I've upgraded to 4.3
    Can't find the settings either to turn it off. Have you found anything since your last post?

Thanks
    Hi SOSandie,

Welcome to the AC Forums! Try this, Settings>My device>Accessibility, scroll to the bottom to Flash Notification and uncheck it. If it isn't checked, go ahead and check it and then uncheck it and that should do it. This is what I did and it worked for me. Good luck!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

I long-clicked the Notification, selected App Info and then cleared the data and the cache. The notifications stopped
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

I did not think Knox was ready for the S3 ?

I also have not yet recieved the 4.3 update

Howiee - I have the same problem as you - s-voice will open a Google app and not the camera-voice activation of camera is greyed out and I am unable to turn it on.

Anyone have any ideas?

I did a factory reset after this install and an very happy with my cleaned up phone. needed a few tweets, but even my apps were reinstalled.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

I'm holding off on the update. The phone doesn't ask me to update so I will wait, I'm running stock rooted 4.1.2 and I am content. I just wish someone would come out with the stock 4.3 rom for AT&T with the old bootloader and knox not installed. I know I can go with some of the custom roms but the stock works fine for me.

Download issue in notification bar was annoying but easily fixed by clearing downloads in the download folder. I do notice a bit of lag at times which I never experienced in 4.1.2. I do like how text looks on the screen now. Battery life isn't terrible like I thought it would be but could be better. Overall 4.3 is good and I love the s3

I am having the same problem exactly ( AT&T GS3 android 4.3 upgrade - persistent download notifications). Just updated a couple of days ago and cannot permanently get rid of persistent download notifications. These files do not exist on my phone or have been moved such that clicking on the notification does not provide the file but says media not found or opens the default app - as mine are not all photos. It seems to have selected 3 downloads from the past to do this with. They go away for a while if cleared or opened, but at some point when turning on the screen - the same notifications appear again. So far I've tried opening the items, deleting all items from download and downloads folders (not sure why I have both or which one is default), and restarting the phone, none of which got rid of them.

Fixed by following post of Mark Robson "long-clicked the Notification, selected App Info and then cleared the data and the cache. The notifications stopped" this worked. Thank you Mark Robson.
    Last edited by Piped4Sound; 12-15-2013 at 06:30 PM. Reason: More information
    Thanked by:
    Makinamotze likes this.
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast