Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Default Re: AT&T Galaxy S3 4.3 Update Likes/Issues

Was experiencing this as well, and it was unchecked but followed your post to check and uncheck and it worked.

I am getting the same pic download over and over. It's annoying.

Global Posts
    290 Global Posts

Look here for the recurring notification issue

AT&T Galaxy SIII 4.3 Update Likes/Issues

Quote Originally Posted by carlt828 View Post

I seem to be getting pic download notifications over and over again. It's the same files each time. I clear them but they pop back up again. I deleted the pics in my downloads folder and re-downloaded a couple from an email message. Still doing it and I can't seem to find out where to stop it yet.
    I've got the same problem. Have you found a solution? Thanks.

Global Posts
    684 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by John Deaton1 View Post
    I've got the same problem. Have you found a solution? Thanks.
    Seriously? I could be missing something but this answer is described a few times already right here in this thread..

You need to go into the 'Downloads' app, not the notifications, and clear all the downloads out from there. Alternatively you can go into the App Manager under settings, find the 'Downloads' app and clear it's data and cache..

Either approach should work.. Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #281  

Quote Originally Posted by gtspeck View Post
    I just updated and the edit function for contacts will not update when adding a group, ie family friends etc. When I try to add family,etc I get the following message "Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped." Anyone else ran accross this and have figured out to make it work? Everything else seems to be working Ok.
    I get the same error message when I try and add a contact from the call log and put them in a group. I can add the contact but cannot add them to a group.

I also occasionally get the "unstable wifi connection" message. Doesn't seem to effect performance though.

Seems like when my battery life goes below 50% or so, it drains much quicker and gets warm. Sometimes it would really start to freeze up and restarting (and pulling the battery out) didn't help. I had it in a Defender case so I took it out to see if that would help. It helps out with the heating up and freezing but not really that much with the battery drain. I just did a clear cache in recovery mode so I'm hoping that will help.
    Galaxy S3

Do any of you experience your phone freezing with screen off and no way to turn it back on but to do a battery pull?

It has been happening to my phone 1 month after the update. Not sure if its the update or something else.

Its been bugging me a while lot when it happens, about 3x already

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

The same issue keeps happening to me with the download notifications. I deleted all my items too and they keep populating. have you figured out a solution? this is getting to be annoying

Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    Do any of you experience your phone freezing with screen off and no way to turn it back on but to do a battery pull?

It has been happening to my phone 1 month after the update. Not sure if its the update or something else.

Its been bugging me a while lot when it happens, about 3x already

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    Have you booted to recovery mode & wiped your app data cache?

Quote Originally Posted by contesttwits View Post
    I just cleared the list of finished downloads in the Downloads application, for both Internet & Other. Stopped the downloading of non-existent pictures right away.
    Only really wanted to update to 4.3. for Dashclock! But may take the risk to flash to 4.4 CM 11 Beta 6 just for KitKat!
    Omg, thank you for replying with a fix. Probably the most annoying thing about the new update

HOW did you fix it?? This constant pic download is driving me nuts!

Go to downloads folder and clear data in both tabs.

Posted via Android Central App

Holy shyt! Did you read any of the posts in this thread?This must be covered two dozen times!

I am also having the same problem. Anyone fix it yet? Also, how do I keep the camera flash from flashing during incoming calls??

It is in accessibility settings. I found that the box was not checked on my phone. I checked it and the flashing continued. Once I unchecked it again, it was fine. Must be a default setting that has to be turned off again.

How do I get the flash to stop flashing on incoming calls? Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

thanks
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #292  

Last couple of days my battery has gone down very rapidly and the battery gets pretty hot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app
    Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    684 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carlt828 View Post
    Last couple of days my battery has gone down very rapidly and the battery gets pretty hot.

I haven't had any issues with heat, that I've noticed at least, but my battery life has been crappy since the 4.3 OTA got loaded.. I've gone through all the apps and turned off anything that seemed unnecessary.. It hasn't seemed to help much. I'm thinking a Factory Reset might be in order.. But what a pain in the *** it will be to setup everything again the way I like it.

I could just kick myself for accepting this upgrade. Between the battery life and the disabling of all of my free tethering apps, it has been not even close to worth the hassle..

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk 4

BAM!!! Thank you so very much. I just got my upgrade 3 days ago, and my phone has been screwed up since then. Especially hated the power it was drawing with the repeated downloads. I was just about to perform the dreaded factory reset. I can't thank you enough.

This update has pretty much screwed my phone. Gets hot randomly and will then drain battery. Using WiFi drains battery a lot more than it used to. If I just text people the battery drains quickly. Not happy about it, they need a patch. Also phone lags at times. If I boot into recovery and clear cache will that wipe anything? And will it help?

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #296  

I booted into recovery and cleared the cache a week ago. It really didn't help that much at all.

I'm also waiting for some sort of patch.

Galaxy S3
    Thanked by:

I did not receive a push of the update, but I went to settings,my device, about device, software update, check for updates and began the update. If you haven't tried that, try it.

The only problems I'm still having are that my phone is only vibrating when I receive a call and the alarm is not sounding in the morning. I have ringtones set to default except for a few close friends, but the phone does not ring. Anyone else having these problems? Thanks
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    684 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter1220 View Post
    The only problems I'm still having are that my phone is only vibrating when I receive a call and the alarm is not sounding in the morning. I have ringtones set to default except for a few close friends, but the phone does not ring. Anyone else having these problems? Thanks
    My alarm is working fine but a lot of my notification sounds are not.. Weird.. Thinking I might end up having to do a Factory Reset.. Not fun though so putting it off..

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk 4

Hi,

Can't change shortcuts on the lock screen (5 icons in the bottom that can be dragged away to start an app) after update to 4.3. Apparently current shortcut settings were carried over from 4.1, but there is no more option in the Lock Screen settings to change them. I use Swipe as Screen Lock. I've tried changing to No Security and back, to PIN and back - no luck... please let me know if you'll find some workaround.

P.S. My phone was bought unlocked in Germany. Perhaps this issue is only relevant for my specific version.