AT&T Galaxy SIII 4.3 Update Likes/Issues

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Update went through fine. Nothing bad happened besides the constant notification downloads but I saw a fix here that worked. So far so good.

Posted via Android Central App

JJFoshay

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: AT&T Galaxy S3 4.3 Update Likes/Issues

So my lock screen shortcuts carried over from my previous install. However, the camera shortcut (holding down on the lock screen and rotating the phone) is no longer working, and the settings menu no longer has an option to change the lock screen shortcuts. Looks like they left something out.

Last edited:

efipdx

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site

I'm new to the forums. I really love the update. Its really nice.

Last edited:

Ya_Bish

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I just updated my SIII to the Android version 4.3. While I haven't even begun to find out what all has changed, here's what I've discovered so far:

Seems like a little lag on some apps (Chrome). GoSMSPro seems fine. Startup lags more for sure.

I seem to be getting pic download notifications over and over again. It's the same files each time. I clear them but they pop back up again. I deleted the pics in my downloads folder and re-downloaded a couple from an email message. Still doing it and I can't seem to find out where to stop it yet.

Email app upgrade is nice. Also restarts with SwiftKey as the default keyboard. No more having to set it after every restart.

SAME EXACT thing is happening to me!

D16RR

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
They didn't fix the bs with the media process runaway that cropped up after the previous update. The rest of it is fine.

edit: So far it has only done it once, so it appears to be fixed

Last edited:

anon(1017475)

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Were any of you all rooted? And did you keep root with the update? Or did you have to re-root?

Note: I'm talking about being rooted with stock TW,

asics10

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Does this update install the new version of google maps?

I use maps all the time and hate the new version and am currently still using the old version, which I dont want to lose.

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Does this update install the new version of google maps?

I use maps all the time and hate the new version and am currently still using the old version, which I dont want to lose.
The version I have after the update is 7.4.0 (#704001123), I don't know if that helps are not but I hope so.

mlett

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site

Question- I'm on AT&T and notice that Knox and Lock screen widget is not added.
I don't want Knox, but I was like to get the Lock Screen widget add.

On the lock screen settings, you need to have Multiple widgets checked. Swipe the clock on the lock screen and then you should see the + to add a widget. Then you can add Dashclock and then move it to your main lockscreen page. It took me a little bit to figure it out.

Bzow

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

Would someone please let me know if it's possible to disable all the AT&T bloatware after this update, without root? Thank you in advance.

Dub J

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

I had the same issues with the re-occurring downloads but fixed it. I also have Maps v7.4.0 after updating. Not sure what it was before though. Haven't had anyone call me yet so I don't know if the flash thing will happen but it's not checked currently. Overall, I like it. Except it kinda bothers me that the clock on the lock screen is now off center. My OCD side is silently weeping......

jemalone

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

I had the flash flashing when I got a call but I went and checked the box to turn it on and then off again and it turned this off.
The other problem I have is I cannot change ringtones. When I go to change the ringtone it takes me to the file manager app with no ringtones to choose from. This is a glitch that needs to be fixed pronto since I do not care for the jungle drums ringtone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12