AT&T Galaxy S3 - Slll storage space is full

Jonette2

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Its been warning me for over a week now. I guess its official now tho. It won't even let me access my pictures. Not enough memory. I have no micro sd card. Just haven't ever put one in. I don't want to delete stuff. Ugh
ItsmeJonette

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Its been warning me for over a week now. I guess its official now tho. It won't even let me access my pictures. Not enough memory. I have no micro sd card. Just haven't ever put one in. I don't want to delete stuff. Ugh
ItsmeJonette

Is there any way you can uninstall a few apps? Just enough to clear some room to transfer some pictures to your PC?

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Try Google Drive. You can store up to 15gbs. of stuff for free. Download the app to your computer and your phone, and you're good to go. I guess that it's like the "cloud", but with more control.:)

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
What does your Storage view show?
y6a6asar.jpg

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Screenshot_2013-11-24-12-57-43.png

I have over one thousand pictures, several files, and about 10gbs. of music in Google Drive, and still plenty of room on my SGSIII.:)
P.S. I have a 16gb ext sd card installed, too.

Jonette2

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
How do I post a picture like you did?
I did find my SD card and install it, I then transferred all my pics to it. I have a lot too. How the hell do u decide what apps or pictures you can delete. I love all my stuff. Ugh.

ItsmeJonette

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
How do I post a picture like you did?
I did find my SD card and install it, I then transferred all my pics to it. I have a lot too. How the hell do u decide what apps or pictures you can delete. I love all my stuff. Ugh.

ItsmeJonette

O.K., installing or deleting apps are a personal choice. For me, it was hit and miss. I found some apps in the play store that did the job of two apps which were on the phone originally. Messaging apps and weather apps are good examples. Check them out. You may find one or two that you like better than the stock ones. As far as posting a picture is concerned, i do it the old fashioned way. I put the photo on my desktop, click on reply to a thread, click on go advanced, and then add the download the photo into AndroidCentral by pulling it from the desktop. Good luck.:)

Jonette2

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for everything. I started digging around and found some apps to get rid if, so a little less baggage on this thing now. I'll look at the desktop version of this site and see what I can do about the pic.

ItsmeJonette

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Jonette2,
I'd be very careful about relying on the SD card as the only location for your pictures. The Galaxy S3 seems prone to corruption problems with SD cards.

You could try using Google Drive, as a previous poster mentioned, or something like Cloud Drive: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.amazon.clouddrive.photos which will automatically backup your pictures/videos to the cloud (5GB free).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Jonette2

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded Google drive. I just don't understand how to use it. Do I just move anything over to it? I can't find a way to move more than one picture at a time. It's going to be tedious at this rate.

ItsmeJonette

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded Google drive. I just don't understand how to use it. Do I just move anything over to it? I can't find a way to move more than one picture at a time. It's going to be tedious at this rate.

ItsmeJonette

All my pictures were on my phone. I downloaded the app on my Mac, and on my phone. You move your photos(all at once), on the phone, to Drive, and upload them to the Drive on your computer. You can also do it in reverse, from your computer to the phone. After that, they will sync automatically. It's also good for PDF files, and just about anything else. Back up everything that you want to move, first. With Google Drive for photos and files, and Google Music for my tunes, i've saved a ton of space on my phone. :D

jemalone

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Google Plus can auto backup your pictures for you. As it sees new pictures it will back them up if you have it setup to auto backup. If you do not have it install then go install it and give it a try. It backs them up to your Google account.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol