AT&T Galaxy S3 - Dashclock widget with PIN lock???

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone been able to get dashclock widget to show up on their lockscreen using the PIN lock???

I can get it there with the Swipe to unlock, but when I change over to PIN lock, the stock lockscreen clock comes back. And there doesn't seem to be any way to change the widget with PIN or Pattern lock. Has anyone been able to do this? If so...HOW??? This is driving me nuts.

Bzow

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to know as well, but I think we may be out of luck. It seems like lockscreen widgets, even lockscreen shortcuts, are disabled when a PIN or pattern lock is set.

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I have it set up that way on my Nexus 7 with 4.3, so it's something that Samsung disabled intentionally. Between this and the 17 extra icons taking up space in my notification bar, I'd like to grab JK Shin the collar, give him a good shake, and ask him WTF they were thinking.

pkc72

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I don't get it. In the previous version, when I swiped on the text widget (for example) it simply then took me to the PIN entry screen before it took me into the text...so there was still a layer of security.