Bluetooth stopped auto connecting with 4.3 update. :-(

DeathByBFG

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
So the other day I updated my GS3 to 4.3 Ever since then my phone won't automatically connect to my car via Bluetooth. My phone and car still know about each other, I can manually connect, but it wont' happen automatically. Anything I should look for to restore that functionality?

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
So the other day I updated my GS3 to 4.3 Ever since then my phone won't automatically connect to my car via Bluetooth. My phone and car still know about each other, I can manually connect, but it wont' happen automatically. Anything I should look for to restore that functionality?

Have you tried un-pairing the phone and car and then pairing them again from scratch?

UnfocusedHTC

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I had that same problem with my sync. I had to unpair and re sync. Works perfectly again. I had to do this with the last update and when I updated my sync.

Sent from my Galaxy S3.

DeathByBFG

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Actually I never tried unpairing and repairing. I'll give it a shot tomorrow. Thanks guys! Also, UnfocusedHTC, it is Sync as well in my Ford Focus. I didn't know there was a Sync update too.

Gene Chiu

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with the Bell version of the SGS3. I unpaired and paired. It connected, but no track info plays when my music plays. When I turned my car off and back on, it doesn't automatically connect.

bassmig

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Similar issue with my Plantronics savor headset on my device. It will no longer auto-pair with my S3 since 4.3 update. Headset still pairs with my work issued iPhone 4S. I don't want to do a factory reset and I'm not even sure a factory reset would do the trick.

CMIMIG

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I also have a Ford Focus equipped with Microsoft Sync and I too have auto connect problem after Andriod 4.3 update. I have re-paired the SYNC from scratch but unfortunately, my S3 still will not auto connect to Microsoft Sync in my Ford Focus. I've since done a little bit of poking around. As far as I can tell, there are properties/settings for each paired bluetooth device on the S3. I don't think they were there pre 4.3 update but I could just not have noticed. For example, the paired device, SYNC, has "profiles" (that's what these two settings are under on the S3) "Call audio" and "Media audio". The description on "Call audio" and "Media audio" are "Use for phone audio" and "Use for media audio" respectively. Both are turned off by default. I've experimented and have found that with these profiles enabled, the bluetooth will connect automatically. Logically, for what I was trying to do, I believe I only need "Call audio" but at this point I don't really care. Here's what my challenge is, these "profiles" don't stay enabled. The bluetooth was working normally one day. The next day when I used the car again, bluetooth wouldn't work. Saw that both "Call audio" and "Media audio" were not enabled. Enabled them and the bluetooth was able to connect successfully.

I don't know how to make these setting sticks. Does anyone know how?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
CMIMIG,
Those 'profiles' that you describe should also be configured on the car (the consumer of the phone's Bluetooth connection). That way the phone knows which profile to connect with.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

CMIMIG

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
GSDer, thanks for your reply. Sorry about the clumsy description. These "Profiles" are under each paired device and they are the "Call audio" and "Media audio". In other words, they are kind of like properties of the pair device.

lisaric

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded an app called Bluetooth auto connect....fixed my issue of not connecting automatically when I start the car. Hope it helps you.

Pstongelitho

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

CMIMIG Said : "These "Profiles" are under each paired device and they are the "Call audio" and "Media audio". In other words, they are kind of like properties of the pair device."

I have the same issue as CMIMIG, Bluetooth profile just keeps "unchecking" after the device has been uncoupled (stopping car), then I have to go back in my S3 profile and recheck Call Audio for my phone to reconnect to car.

Before 4.3 it was always auto connecting as soon as I started my Car.

Anyone have a solution to have these 2 boxes stick and stay checked all the time ?

Thank you

Brad Unger

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
This happened to me too, but on my Galaxy Note II. I have a Ford with Microsoft Sync and now after my upgrade to Android 4.3 it will no longer sync automatically. I have to manually do it. I am so tired of being forced to updates that ruin my phone.

Dewcal

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I am a new user of Android, Note 3, running 4.3 and it will not auto-reconnect either. I see the same two options re phone & media.

I queried this with Samsung and they have advised the "auto-reconnect functionality is not currently part of the Note 3 features". Based on what I have seen on the forums, it looks like this has been "broken" with v4.3.

Hopefully it will return with 4.4 as I have had little success using a third party app so far.

Dave

Benjamin Jones1

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here.

I installed the recent Telstra OTA 4.3 update last week and ever since my phone will sync to my BRZ Eclipse deck for a minute or two then disconnect just as I'm about to rock out to a massive drop.

What I found helped is if I removed all other paired devices in my bluetooth sync menu. Although this is not very practical at least the device will stay connected long enough for me to dig an awesome 80's solo or bust a dope jam.

Hope this workaround helps and that this issue is patched soon.

Ben

Darren pepsi

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I had the same thing happen with my s3 and sync. I deleted my phone from sync and then added it right back and it works fine now.

Posted via Android Central App

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I am having a similar problem. I have paired and unpaired my G3 50,000 times with the same result each time. I go through the pairing sequence, and it finished without saying pairing successful. Under the profiles, the call audio tab is not checked and when you check it, it says connecting, and will not connect.

I paired my husbands G3 to my car, I went through the pairing sequence and it said pairing successful, and the call audio tab checks off when the car is on.

I am at a loss, and I hope someone has some insight.

dblake94

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I have the HTC one phone and I lost my planetronics headset and unpaired it. I later found it and it wouldn't pair up with my phone any more. After several failed attempts, I decided to put the phone and bluetooth side by side and hold down the talk/connect button on the bluetooth while in the menu for the bluetooth settings on my phone. After holding the talk/connect but for a few seconds, my phone found it and I was able to pair it again. I haven't had any issues with it not working or anything. So far so good. Good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2