AT&T Galaxy S3 - 4.3 Update Question (Unlocked)

android3509

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 from AT&T that I unlocked to use with MetroPCS when my contract ended. It says it is currently running 4.1.1 and I can't figure out how to get it to update to 4.3. When I got to settings-->about phone--> update it says it checked AT&T's server and it is up to date. However, I don't think it is still connected to AT&T since it is not on their network anymore.

I have also tried to update it by using the Samsung Kies app on my mac and plugging my phone in but it also says my firmware is up to date.

How can I get 4.3 on my phone?

Thank you

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Any luck in getting the phone updated. I recently got my phone unlocked which I have previously updated it to Kitkat, but now after unlock it shows Jelly beans as my version.
Kies says "Your device's Current firmware version is not supported to update firmware via kies". I moved it from ATT - T- Mobile and can't update it from menu.

greghillcdt

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if you can update an att gs3 -unlocked. Unrooted.to the latest 4.3 or 4.4kitkat without knox in it? I'm thinking of rooting but a little hesitant.but I want the new updates without knox.

Posted via Android Central App

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
You would need to root and just install a Knox free version of 4.3 or 4.4 from the Root section for you phone. There are no Knox free versions from Samsung.

greghillcdt

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
If I root my gs3 what's the best and easier one to understand and use? As there is a few methods of doing this. I'm still on 4.1.2 and didn't accept the new at&t update for fear of it being knox infected. Ilike kitkat and would like to have it and as well move apps to sd card that I currently can't use. Thks.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch