Went back to an unrooted S3. How do I catch up on JB updates?

bigstormgirl

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
When I rooted my phone (I747), I had 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. I ended up unrooting back to stock due to unsucessfully flashing several different custom ROMS, plus the occasional freezing up that took place. I sucessfully unrooted (thanks to Skunkape's thread) back to JB 4.1.1.

Now that JB 4.3 is available, I would like to update. I checked for software updates on my S3, and it said I was already up to date. I tried Kies, and it said that 4.1.1 is the current firmware (I had just updated Kies today, so not sure why it's also not showing 4.3 update) . Why is it not allowing me to update to 4.3? Can I do an update from 4.1.1 straight to 4.3?

TIA

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
When I rooted my phone (I747), I had 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. I ended up unrooting back to stock due to unsucessfully flashing several different custom ROMS, plus the occasional freezing up that took place. I sucessfully unrooted (thanks to Skunkape's thread) back to JB 4.1.1.

Now that JB 4.3 is available, I would like to update. I checked for software updates on my S3, and it said I was already up to date. I tried Kies, and it said that 4.1.1 is the current firmware (I had just updated Kies today, so not sure why it's also not showing 4.3 update) . Why is it not allowing me to update to 4.3? Can I do an update from 4.1.1 straight to 4.3?

TIA

Last I knew the 4.3 update was pulled due to severe bugs and other major issues.

D16RR

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I think I read where XDA Developers has a thread going with a 4.3 update for those not getting it from ATT. I don't spend much time there as all my questions are of the dumb azz stock TW variety.

bigstormgirl

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I think I read where XDA Developers has a thread going with a 4.3 update for those not getting it from ATT. I don't spend much time there as all my questions are of the dumb azz stock TW variety.

LOL

I don't spend much time there either, but I have tried to read as much as possible when I was trying to flash a custom roms. It was clear to me how ungeeky I was when my eyes started glazing over and unsuccessful at flashing over a dozen roms.:'(

D16RR

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Last I knew the 4.3 update was pulled due to severe bugs and other major issues.

Was in the ATT store today and the sales guy (they are always the most knowledgeable, right? ;) ) Told me it was fixed and reissued but I was not to worry as the fixes would find their way to my phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psaturn