1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AT&T Galaxy S3 - Directory names got change automatically on External SD Card

Hi all,

I've Samsung Galaxy S3 with 16 GB external micro SD card(Sandisk). I stored all my data in external SD card. Last week when i opened my external card to view the data, all directory names first letter got replace with mue symbol and lot of junk files with zero bytes in it. All my data is lost. I thought it may virus and scanned with AVG anti virus and it reported everything fine. Now i connected phone to my laptop and formatted the external SD card and restarted phone. Surprisingly i see all the directories present there and i don't see my data present in those directories. Any pointers to this problem resolution and how to get my data back?

-JK

Default Re: AT&T Galaxy S3 - Directory names got change automatically on External SD Card

jagadeesh44,
    The Galaxy S3 has a checkered past where SD cards are concerned - it's pretty common for people to report that their SD cards have gotten corrupted for no obvious reason. Sometimes the cards become completely unusable, even in a PC.

I think you're going to have to give up your data for lost - sorry.

If you are going to continue to try to use the card in your phone you should probably format it in the phone. If you're going to format it using the computer then you should remove it from the phone and put it in the computer - trying to format it while the phone is connected to the computer is not recommended.

Finally, you should look at some cloud-based storage solutions for backup purposes:
    Cloud Drive: - let's you automatically backup your pictures/videos; 5GB free

Drive: - there's free storage available, and apps that you can use to sync content from your phone

Dropbox: - same goes here; apps allowing you to backup/sync files/folders

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4