S3 camera pictures GONE in gallery HELP PLEASE

technoob95

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
HI, my camera folder which contains all the pictures taken by the camera is gone in the gallery. However, the other folders such as screenshots, etc are still there. I searched through the "my files" and found out that the camera pics are still in my phone, in the DCIM. I tried moving them from the sd card into phone storage but they still do not show up in the gallery. Anyone help please??

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You should first look for a file named '.nomedia' (without the quotes of course) in the directory where those camera pictures are stored. That would prevent the Gallery from 'seeing' any pictures stored in that directory.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

firebird20000

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem on my S3. I opened gallery today and the 'camera' folder in missing, all other folders still there. Checked in 'my files', nothing there, checked for 'nomedia' as per the second post on this page, there is nothing in that file.
Connected S3 to computer to see if anything extra would show up by looking at the phone contents through the computer but no luck with that.
I then took a picture with my phone, opened it and the 'camera' folder is there again but with only the one picture that I just took in it. How can all the pics in my 'camera' folder have vanished into thin air, can someone please help me?
Thank you

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem on my S3. I opened gallery today and the 'camera' folder in missing, all other folders still there. Checked in 'my files', nothing there, checked for 'nomedia' as per the second post on this page, there is nothing in that file.
Connected S3 to computer to see if anything extra would show up by looking at the phone contents through the computer but no luck with that.
I then took a picture with my phone, opened it and the 'camera' folder is there again but with only the one picture that I just took in it. How can all the pics in my 'camera' folder have vanished into thin air, can someone please help me?
Thank you

See response to your other thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ra-folder-gallery-missing-please-help-me.html