Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Delete word suggestion from predictive text

When predictive text suggests words, there is a word I would like it not to suggest. I have read that you are supposed to be able to long tap the word and delete it, however nothing happens when I long tap the word. I have also tried going into the keyboard settings and hitting reset settings but that didn't seem to work either.
    Thanks.

Default Re: Delete word suggestion from predictive text

Welcome to Android Central! I think the preloaded library is fixed. If there was some word that you saved in your personal dictionary, then you could always go to the keyboard settings and delete it.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I did go into keyboard settings and deleted everything out my personal dictionary but the word still comes up.
    It seems that despite what I clear or delete, the predictive text still suggests words that I have used recently. I thought there was a way to reset this.
    After entering a lot of repetitive words into a spreadsheet, those words are suggested immediately when I start typing anything.

You could try going to Settings/Apps/All (or the App Manager), selecting the keyboard you're using, and tapping Clear Data.

Did you ever figure this out? The answers below are no help at all and I'm tired of seeing 'AfterDawn' every time I type the word 'after.' And there are many more similar scenarios.

Just press and hold on the word in your predictive text bar. That will remove it from your learned words.

Quote Originally Posted by double p View Post
    I have a SuperSU keyboard installed, but it has the option to blacklist words so that they don't get used as suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by aiaiai View Post
    When predictive text suggests words, there is a word I would like it not to suggest. I have read that you are supposed to be able to long tap the word and delete it, however nothing happens when I long tap the word. I have also tried going into the keyboard settings and hitting reset settings but that didn't seem to work either.
    Thanks.
    Yatta! Mecha-berigu! Ok, just open the browser* and access the settings. Click on "privacy" and uncheck the box marked "remember form data" -ebi. I just figured it out. Privacy is definitely one of the last places you'd look for this setting.
    *This only works with the default android browser, "Internet".

OK, I guaranty this will work:

Settings, Language and Input, under Default, tap the Settings icon next to Samsung Keyboard, tap Predictive Text, remove the check mark from Personalized Data, or you can turn predictive text off completely.

Quote Originally Posted by NickMcCall View Post
    OK, I guaranty this will work:

Settings, Language and Input, under Default, tap the Settings icon next to Samsung Keyboard, tap Predictive Text, remove the check mark from Personalized Data, or you can turn predictive text off completely.

What if you just want to delete one word from the learned list of predictive words? I have tried long pressing it with no luck. MANY THANKS

When I don't want certain words predicted, I restrict them. On my BlackBerry PRIV running Marshmallow I go to Settings, Language & Input, under "Keyboard & Input Settings" you pick which keyboard you are using, select Prediction and correction, then select Restricted words, then click the plus sign in the upper right corner to add words you don't want to see predicted.

Hope this helps!