AT&T Galaxy S3 - Phone only rings half the time

Steelebourne

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
OK, I'm using a rooted AT&T Galaxy S3, running Android 4.1.2 that I've had for a year.

It doesn't always play a ringtone for all incoming calls (not just contacts). The screen does always light up for the accept/decline option, and it always vibrates. It's sometimes hard to feel it in my pocket, and if the screen's not in plain sight or there's noise (watching tv, restaurants, etc), I miss the calls. I do receive the notifications that I missed them.

I've tried power on/off, removing the battery, removing the sim card, using different ringtones, checking for problem apps, making sure the airplane/driving/blocking modes are off, adjusting the ringtone & master volumes, and contacting AT&T (they said that since the ringtone sometimes works, there was nothing physically wrong with it, and to check forums). Rooting it didn't cause the problem, because I had this problem before I did that. Any help?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
OK, I'm using a rooted AT&T Galaxy S3, running Android 4.1.2 that I've had for a year.

It doesn't always play a ringtone for all incoming calls (not just contacts). The screen does always light up for the accept/decline option, and it always vibrates. It's sometimes hard to feel it in my pocket, and if the screen's not in plain sight or there's noise (watching tv, restaurants, etc), I miss the calls. I do receive the notifications that I missed them.

I've tried power on/off, removing the battery, removing the sim card, using different ringtones, checking for problem apps, making sure the airplane/driving/blocking modes are off, adjusting the ringtone & master volumes, and contacting AT&T (they said that since the ringtone sometimes works, there was nothing physically wrong with it, and to check forums). Rooting it didn't cause the problem, because I had this problem before I did that. Any help?

Welcome to the forums.
Maybe clearing cache in recovery? Here si how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18