- 2 Posts
AT&T Galaxy S3 - Phone only rings half the time
OK, I'm using a rooted AT&T Galaxy S3, running Android 4.1.2 that I've had for a year.
It doesn't always play a ringtone for all incoming calls (not just contacts). The screen does always light up for the accept/decline option, and it always vibrates. It's sometimes hard to feel it in my pocket, and if the screen's not in plain sight or there's noise (watching tv, restaurants, etc), I miss the calls. I do receive the notifications that I missed them.
I've tried power on/off, removing the battery, removing the sim card, using different ringtones, checking for problem apps, making sure the airplane/driving/blocking modes are off, adjusting the ringtone & master volumes, and contacting AT&T (they said that since the ringtone sometimes works, there was nothing physically wrong with it, and to check forums). Rooting it didn't cause the problem, because I had this problem before I did that. Any help?
- 12-12-2013, 11:42 PM #2
Re: AT&T Galaxy S3 - Phone only rings half the time
Maybe clearing cache in recovery? Here si how: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.'From one thing, you learn a thousand things.' - From the Earth Book in the Book of Five Rings
'Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today.' - James Dean
Current Devices: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0)
Retired Devices: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch)
Traded Devices: Galaxy S3
Community Guidelines: Here
And also: Here
- By phil321 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 5Last Post: 12-16-2013, 06:03 PM
- By MissouriFarmer in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 6Last Post: 12-14-2013, 10:12 AM
- By Fhenrus in forum HTC OneReplies: 17Last Post: 12-14-2013, 09:37 AM
- By radsherwin in forum HTC OneReplies: 5Last Post: 12-13-2013, 03:57 PM
- By Mohan Singh2 in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 12-12-2013, 06:31 PM