Samsung Galaxy S III "Could not play the track you requested" - Music keeps disappearing

EnjoiLife234

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I have been having a recurring issue with my Galaxy S III since I got it in May. Every time I put music onto my phone using my Sandisk micro SD card, the music will play perfectly fine for a day or two and then I will get the message "Could not play the track you requested" and most (or all) of the music will have vanished. I use the Google Play music player, but the music cannot be found in the stock player either. The music is no where to be found on my phone or SD card. I have tried numerous things: Re-formatted the SD card many times, basic reset, hard reset, complete restore of the phone, used various music players - no luck. This is very frustrating, considering the main reason I purchased this phone was because it allows for external storage and thus more room for music. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S III "Could not play the track you requested" - Music keeps disappearing

Sounds like it's an issue with the SD card, for some reason Samsung phones don't play nice with them. I had the same issue with a generics SD card and anything on the card would get corrupted frequently. Only thing I can suggest is resetting the card, while IN the phone and seeing if that helps. If not, you'll need a new SD card. Haven't had the issue since I bought another

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome