Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4.3 update wont allow me to Sync my Emails with built-in Email app.

So I updated my phone to android 4.3 and noticed that my emails weren't syncing with the built-in Email app that my phone came with. When I go into that app and click on "Menu" and go into the "Account Settings", I can individually go into each email and enable "Sync Email" in the "Sync Settings" but it says "Master Sync Has Been Turned Off".

So I go to "Settings" from my home screen > Click on "Accounts" at the top of screen > Click on "Email" >

I have about 8 email accounts and under the email names it says "Sync Turned Off". When I click on the button at the bottom that's label "Sync All". The button will quickly switch to "Cancel Sync" so I know it's doing something but a quick second later it changes back to "Sync All" and nothing happens. The emails still have "Sync Turned Off" underneath them.

I use my phone for business and it's super annoying to not get my emails on time. I only get them when I go to the Email app and have to manually click on the "Refresh" button. I have gmail, yahoo, icloud and a few other different emails so I don't want to bother using different apps just to check my emails which I found someone suggested in doing through my searchings but that's just plain stupid. I've been on the phone with AT&T customer service and they couldn't really give me a answer and tried to patch me in with Samsung customer service with no results. Basically wasted a hour for nothing. Can someone help me out here, I'm beyond frustrated.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: 4.3 update wont allow me to Sync my Emails with built-in Email app.

So no one can help me out? I know I can't be the only person going through this.

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

thank you so much, I was just that simple to fix. Problem solved. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by LionheartedNJ View Post
    thank you so much, I was just that simple to fix. Problem solved. thanks!
    your welcome..

Quote Originally Posted by bironk View Post
    your welcome..
    I tried many things. Finally found > needed to pull down notification, click on upper right hand box and turn on sync. Worked great

Quote Originally Posted by LionheartedNJ View Post
    So I updated my phone to android 4.3 and noticed that my emails weren't syncing with the built-in Email app that my phone came with. When I go into that app and click on "Menu" and go into the "Account Settings", I can individually go into each email and enable "Sync Email" in the "Sync Settings" but it says "Master Sync Has Been Turned Off".

So I go to "Settings" from my home screen > Click on "Accounts" at the top of screen > Click on "Email" >

I have about 8 email accounts and under the email names it says "Sync Turned Off". When I click on the button at the bottom that's label "Sync All". The button will quickly switch to "Cancel Sync" so I know it's doing something but a quick second later it changes back to "Sync All" and nothing happens. The emails still have "Sync Turned Off" underneath them.

I use my phone for business and it's super annoying to not get my emails on time. I only get them when I go to the Email app and have to manually click on the "Refresh" button. I have gmail, yahoo, icloud and a few other different emails so I don't want to bother using different apps just to check my emails which I found someone suggested in doing through my searchings but that's just plain stupid. I've been on the phone with AT&T customer service and they couldn't really give me a answer and tried to patch me in with Samsung customer service with no results. Basically wasted a hour for nothing. Can someone help me out here, I'm beyond frustrated.