1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Back up stalled notification since update to 4.3

Just curious if anyone else has been seeing the little cloud icon in the notification bar which says "Backup stalled for _days).. In my case it says it's been 10 days and my phone is on WiFi most of the time. Never saw this before so it's obviously linked to the update. Happy New Year everyone!

Question Re: Back up stalled notification since update to 4.3

I have also noticed this. Similar little cloud with a exclamatory mark " ! " within pops up at the top tool bar. When drag down it has the description > back up installed since last 3 days <. This notification comes almost every day since almost last 2 weeks. Is this some unwanted / undesirable SW creeped in? How to get rid of this. Looking for views from other users or experts.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Back up stalled notification since update to 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by N K Jain View Post
    I have also noticed this. Similar little cloud with a exclamatory mark " ! " within pops up at the top tool bar. When drag down it has the description > back up installed since last 3 days <. This notification comes almost every day since almost last 2 weeks. Is this some unwanted / undesirable SW creeped in? How to get rid of this. Looking for views from other users or experts.
    Don't think it's any malware.. I use a scanner that checks for viruses and other nasty stuff "Advanced Mobile Care" and it never finds anything.. Didn't see it this morning but it's clearly some sort of bug related to the update it seems.. Have a GREAT new year too!

Cool Re: Back up stalled notification since update to 4.3

The fix is simple: remove the Sky Drive file from the Sync menue in Accounts& Sync. Careful if you have info stored on it it will delete the info. but if you store that info on your sd card you should not have any trouble. then reinstall the Sky Drive in Accounts&sync and that will solve the problem of the cloud not sycn X days.