1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AT&T Galaxy S3 - Lost checkerboard

I am an 'old phart' of 73 with my first 'toy' of this type. Am trying to learn, and right away am lost; daughter donation of 'old' Galaxy S3 over to me. My problem is where is the checkerboard icon. I am wanting to try backup and restore ... but with the online directions, under SETTINGS, there is no ACCOUNT. Where can I find it??? Thanks
    Last edited by doonboggle; 12-31-2013 at 03:02 PM.

Global Posts
    290 Global Posts

Default Re: AT&T Galaxy S3 - Lost checkerboard

The "apps" icon? Are you looking for a particular backup app?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Actually, after 'fiddling' around it, I discovered how to backup and then reinstall....I think.
    I did that, and the checkerboard icon came back; also had to do with ... again I think ... the little screens versus the big ones....my size of course.

So while that flub is corrected, today I have another that is stifling me.....it won't let me reinstall back to factory version.
    I successfully did that yesterday, regarding the above, but now cannot seem to get to anything ; basically frozen in that....and also now a divided listing of the apps...with only a portion of the previous recalled app icons being displayed.

Is there a way to reboot everything, and start all over??? I admit I am a 'dingdong'; but am interested in learning so that I can understand the process.

Thanks

Settings > accounts > backup and reset > factory reset should get you back to how the phone came out of the box

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

My own answer ... AT THE TOP OF THE SCREEN.......

Quote Originally Posted by doonboggle View Post
    I am an 'old phart' of 73 with my first 'toy' of this type. Am trying to learn, and right away am lost; daughter donation of 'old' Galaxy S3 over to me. My problem is where is the checkerboard icon. I am wanting to try backup and restore ... but with the online directions, under SETTINGS, there is no ACCOUNT. Where can I find it??? Thanks

Global Posts
    290 Global Posts

Somewhere in settings is the heading "about device." In there it will tell you which version of android is on yours. The settings layout changed a bit with the 4.3 update.