1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Android 2.3.5

Question Android Backup to NAS

Has anyone done backups of your phone to a home network NAS? My contacts are on Google, but I think I would feel a bit safer if I could have some sort of backup (and a method to do a restore, if necessary). And my NAS box has a ton of room on it without incurring any further cost.

Anyone? Help, direction & thoughts are appreciated in advance.

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Default Re: Android Backup to NAS

Quote Originally Posted by b2d2 View Post
    Has anyone done backups of your phone to a home network NAS? My contacts are on Google, but I think I would feel a bit safer if I could have some sort of backup (and a method to do a restore, if necessary). And my NAS box has a ton of room on it without incurring any further cost.

Anyone? Help, direction & thoughts are appreciated in advance.
    Do you want to back up the contents of the phone to the NAS? I use ES File Explorer to transfer files, pics, etc. to my NAS Server.
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Android 2.3.5

Essentially, yes. In the same way that I have a backup copy of my laptop contents for "God-forbid" situations, I'd like to have something similar for my phone.

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Essentially, yes. In the same way that I have a backup copy of my laptop contents for "God-forbid" situations, I'd like to have something similar for my phone.
    Yep, try ES File Explorer from the play store. It will find the NAS if it is connected to your home network.

It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    Android 2.3.5

Sounds good. I'm familiar with ES File Explorer.

Another wrinkle: without rooting the phone (I probably could but I choose not to), is there something (preferably free, but...) that I can install that will schedule a backup of my device?

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Another wrinkle: without rooting the phone (I probably could but I choose not to), is there something (preferably free, but...) that I can install that will schedule a backup of my device?
    You can try these:

SyncMe Wireless
    Thanked by:
    GSDer