1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Default Adding widgets to lockscreen, Jelly Bean 4.3

Jelly Bean 4.3 on an unrooted AT&T GS3...

I understand that all the widgets that are available on the Galaxy S3 (which I love) can be added to various home screens, and that is all well and good, but why am I limited in which of those widgets can be added to a LOCKscreen? I always have my phone on the center home screen (with the clock/weather widget, etc.) and don't go to the other home screens (use the app drawer to get to my apps instead. That's why i want to add other widgets to my lock screen, for example, an LCD Clock widget i got from the Google Play store (PK Led Clock Widget) to replace Dashclock or the traditional/fixed lock screen clock. When i go to a new lock screen & press the plus sign, i get a very limited list.

Is this a restriction of the OS? If so, then 95% of the widgets are useless to me, but at least I will know to stop looking for how to do this.

Any help appreciated.

Alao, a quick question while I am here... if I remove/delete an entire home screen, the apps themselves will not be removed, just that screenful of shortcuts, correct?

Global Posts
    13,841 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Adding widgets to lockscreen, Jelly Bean 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by wmderemer View Post
    Jelly Bean 4.3 on an unrooted AT&T GS3...

I understand that all the widgets that are available on the Galaxy S3 (which I love) can be added to various home screens, and that is all well and good, but why am I limited in which of those widgets can be added to a LOCKscreen? I always have my phone on the center home screen (with the clock/weather widget, etc.) and don't go to the other home screens (use the app drawer to get to my apps instead. That's why i want to add other widgets to my lock screen, for example, an LCD Clock widget i got from the Google Play store (PK Led Clock Widget) to replace Dashclock or the traditional/fixed lock screen clock. When i go to a new lock screen & press the plus sign, i get a very limited list.

Is this a restriction of the OS? If so, then 95% of the widgets are useless to me, but at least I will know to stop looking for how to do this.

Any help appreciated.

Alao, a quick question while I am here... if I remove/delete an entire home screen, the apps themselves will not be removed, just that screenful of shortcuts, correct?
    To #2, yes, deleting a homescreen just removes the app icons, not the apps themselves.

As for the widgets in the lockscreen, that is probably a limitation of the app developer, not the OS.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here