AT&T Galaxy S3 - phone won't update

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
My ohone won't update ro 4.3 and I don't know what to do. And I talked to an at&t samsung support person and they said that they never heard of a phone just not updating or even not showing that there is an update and that it's something that's wrong with my phone. It won't update through kies either. Can someone help me?

Posted via Android Central App

Sailindawg

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the world of AT&T updates! You are not alone. I spent the time to call AT&T CSR'S for about two weeks in December and got nothing but a run around. The competency is very low. I had one CSR finally admit that he could only help for billing / plan update questions. When asked why I was directed to him by AT&T's menu as Tech Support, he answered he didn't know.

Regarding updating via KIES, one can only update to 4.1.1. KIES doesn't recognize 4.1.2 and 4.3. If you are an AT&T customer, the only way to upgrade to 4.3 is by the OTA. Or you can go to XDA Developers and manually update. Just know what your doing if you take the XDA route.

I'm on 4.1.1 and have not received the OTA. Don't know of I'll ever get it. Right now, I have an out of warranty phone & rooting it & flashing roms is starting to seem a viable alternative.
Google your question. There's a lot of the same questions being asked & no answers from either AT&T and Samsung.

phildev74

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
It has to do with having firmware build MG2. My phone has the same problem. I check my phone every week for an update an got the unannounced one a few months back.

My phone will download the file and start the upgrade process. It always dies at 26% and says it was unable to complete the upgrade. This is after two weeks of daily attempts.

My SGSIII is still under warranty. I just have to find the time to go to the warranty center then setup a new phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your replies. I have been looking all over the internet and have been seeing losts of problems with this update so I'm actually glad I didn't get it yet so that they can work out all the kinks by the time I get it. I would rather have a phone that's not running on the newest firmware that still works than have a phone that is messed up from having the update on it.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos