Help, broken samsung galaxy s3 dropped in clean water

androidashlea

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
About 1 month ago I dropped my s3 in water but immediately took out the battery and dried these with tissue, I was out at the time so had to wait till later that night to put it in rice, I did so for about 3 days and the phone turned on, minus the fact that up the screen at first was flashing and turning pink but eventually worked fine although the unlock button had to be pressed a number of times for the screen to come on, the touch screen and everything was working fine, then I turned the phone off for it to completely dry out to see if the punk lines would fix and now my s3 screen stays black but the phone turns on, the noises from texts are still coming through and I have no idea what to do, the phone is not insured either:(

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
About 1 month ago I dropped my s3 in water but immediately took out the battery and dried these with tissue, I was out at the time so had to wait till later that night to put it in rice, I did so for about 3 days and the phone turned on, minus the fact that up the screen at first was flashing and turning pink but eventually worked fine although the unlock button had to be pressed a number of times for the screen to come on, the touch screen and everything was working fine, then I turned the phone off for it to completely dry out to see if the punk lines would fix and now my s3 screen stays black but the phone turns on, the noises from texts are still coming through and I have no idea what to do, the phone is not insured either:(

Welcome to the forums.
There is probably water damage to the screen and digitizer. Replacing these components can be tricky because more often than not other parts are damaged during the replacement process. iFixit has some videos on how to do some of this stuff. They are on YouTube. Keep something in mind: if you choose to do this yourself, there still is no guarantee that this will fix your issue. Samsung might be able to fix this for you, but obviously you will have to pay for it.

gordonfink

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Probably too late for you, but if you can get some pure alcohol (not lesser stuff at drug stores - you need 99% isopropyl), you can clean the contacts between the lcd and the motherboard. Use a toothbrush and clean them up, and see if that helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs