Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Default No sound at all.

Rogers Galaxy S3 (SGH-i747M) running stock 4.3. No root or anything.

Sound services are completely gone it seems, the mic and ear piece don't work at all for calling or voice search or media. The speaker does not work for media, nor do the stock ear phones (the mic on the ear phones also does not work). It would also not connect to a bluetooth speaker.

I have battery pulled, factory reset from within settings->account->backup and reset->factory data reset and still no sound.

Before I did the reset, none of the google services were working like Google Maps or Google Now. But I could still go to Google just fine on Chrome.

Any help would be great, this is so strange, nothing really happened to the phone to speak of like a drop or getting wet or anything.

Of course 3 months out of warranty.
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: No sound at all.

Quote Originally Posted by m00rb View Post
    Rogers Galaxy S3 (SGH-i747M) running stock 4.3. No root or anything.

Sound services are completely gone it seems, the mic and ear piece don't work at all for calling or voice search or media. The speaker does not work for media, nor do the stock ear phones (the mic on the ear phones also does not work). It would also not connect to a bluetooth speaker.

I have battery pulled, factory reset from within settings->account->backup and reset->factory data reset and still no sound.

Before I did the reset, none of the google services were working like Google Maps or Google Now. But I could still go to Google just fine on Chrome.

Any help would be great, this is so strange, nothing really happened to the phone to speak of like a drop or getting wet or anything.

Of course 3 months out of warranty.
    I am afraid but this seems to be technical issue and i guess you need to go to the nearest servicing centre in order to sort this mess out !!