Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gekko
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Contacts confusion

Hi! I'm trying to make contact groups.

When I press the "Add Contact" button, a list opens up which does not include all my contacts-- none of my SIM card contacts, which is where the ones I really want are. What the flip? (By the way, this is not the list I have chosen in "Contacts to display".)

Pressing the menu (left of home) button opens nothing, so I don't know how to get to my SIM contacts.

Any ideas? Thanks!!

Default Re: Contacts confusion

have you considered exporting all Contacts to your Google Gmail Contacts and going from there? it might make your life a lot easier.

good luck.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks, Gekko. I actually messed around last night and discovered the solution myself, finally. I had to "Add contacts from SIM to Phone". Then the ones I wanted showed up. It was confusing because my SIM contacts showed up in the Contacts list before, so I didn't realize I needed to do this.

All my Google contacts are just e-mail addresses. They don't do my phone any good. Is there some reason I'm missing why I want them in my phone list?

Quote Originally Posted by Deer of the dawn View Post
    Thanks, Gekko. I actually messed around last night and discovered the solution myself, finally. I had to "Add contacts from SIM to Phone". Then the ones I wanted showed up. It was confusing because my SIM contacts showed up in the Contacts list before, so I didn't realize I needed to do this.

All my Google contacts are just e-mail addresses. They don't do my phone any good. Is there some reason I'm missing why I want them in my phone list?
    1. you should make sure that you export all of your SIM Card/Phone Contacts to Gmail. also save your new Contacts to Gmail. this way they will stay in sync and they will be saved in Google's cloud if you ever lose your phone/SIM card.
    2. you want the Gmail address Contacts in your Phone App list so that they are available for Gmail/Email.
    3. consider signing up for Dropbox too. save all of your pics/videos/documents to the cloud and access them from any device anywhere. get a link for free space here -

Dropbox and SugarSync referrals here!

good luck.
    Bob31464 likes this.