- 2 Posts
Google Apps Device Policy Issue (Galaxy S3)
My Employer uses Google Apps, and requires the use of the Google Apps Device Policy. I have used this for over six months with no issues, including initial set-up. Last week, my phone updated Android to version 4.3, and then notifications began to pop up about "authentication errors" on my work Google account. It said that I needed to set-up the account through the device policy, even though it was already on the phone. I opened the app and selected the account, clicked "next" and it took me to a mobile hot-spot sign-in screen (?). I put in the password, and it goes back to the previous screen. Pressing the "next" button takes me to the exact same mobile hot-spot screen! It's on a loop, but really should never involve the mobile hot-spot. I've uninstalled the app, removed the Google Account as well as any security on the phone and started from scratch, but it's always the same. Any ideas?
- 02-02-2014, 10:16 AM #2
- 2 Posts
Re: Google Apps Device Policy Issue (Galaxy S3)
The factory reset worked for the google device manager, and I now have my work email. There is a monitoring app that I have on my phone that requests to be activated as a device administrator. The app opens, requests to be activated, the screen where this takes place flashes for a split second, then the mobile hot spot screen pops up. I really don't want to do a factory reset again. The only device administrators checked are covenant eyes and google device manager. Please let me know if I should start a new thread with this.
- By crspy in forum The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & TradeReplies: 2Last Post: 03-14-2014, 09:46 PM
- By doublestack1 in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 3Last Post: 01-25-2014, 03:18 PM
- By John da Silva in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 5Last Post: 01-23-2014, 09:22 PM
- By iFortWorth in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 2Last Post: 01-23-2014, 05:55 PM
- By Dale_M in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 1Last Post: 01-23-2014, 04:17 PM