1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Apps Device Policy Issue (Galaxy S3)

My Employer uses Google Apps, and requires the use of the Google Apps Device Policy. I have used this for over six months with no issues, including initial set-up. Last week, my phone updated Android to version 4.3, and then notifications began to pop up about "authentication errors" on my work Google account. It said that I needed to set-up the account through the device policy, even though it was already on the phone. I opened the app and selected the account, clicked "next" and it took me to a mobile hot-spot sign-in screen (?). I put in the password, and it goes back to the previous screen. Pressing the "next" button takes me to the exact same mobile hot-spot screen! It's on a loop, but really should never involve the mobile hot-spot. I've uninstalled the app, removed the Google Account as well as any security on the phone and started from scratch, but it's always the same. Any ideas?

Global Posts
    6,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Google Apps Device Policy Issue (Galaxy S3)

Quote Originally Posted by jmsouthe View Post
    My Employer uses Google Apps, and requires the use of the Google Apps Device Policy. I have used this for over six months with no issues, including initial set-up. Last week, my phone updated Android to version 4.3, and then notifications began to pop up about "authentication errors" on my work Google account. It said that I needed to set-up the account through the device policy, even though it was already on the phone. I opened the app and selected the account, clicked "next" and it took me to a mobile hot-spot sign-in screen (?). I put in the password, and it goes back to the previous screen. Pressing the "next" button takes me to the exact same mobile hot-spot screen! It's on a loop, but really should never involve the mobile hot-spot. I've uninstalled the app, removed the Google Account as well as any security on the phone and started from scratch, but it's always the same. Any ideas?
    Try a factory reset of the device (Settings > Security > Factory Reset) and try re-installing everything and try again. Let us know if it works out and if not, we'll try and assistance further.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Google Apps Device Policy Issue (Galaxy S3)

The factory reset worked for the google device manager, and I now have my work email. There is a monitoring app that I have on my phone that requests to be activated as a device administrator. The app opens, requests to be activated, the screen where this takes place flashes for a split second, then the mobile hot spot screen pops up. I really don't want to do a factory reset again. The only device administrators checked are covenant eyes and google device manager. Please let me know if I should start a new thread with this.