Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    314 Global Posts

Default Hiding the clock in status bar on rooted GS3 running CM 11 snapshot

Hi All

I recently updated from CM 10.2.1 to CM 11-20140104 Snapshot, which according to the change log was comprised mostly of optimizations and bug fixes. One immediate issue I am having is hiding the system clock in the status bar. I have searched through all the settings options and cannot find a way to hide it (or remove it).

I use Zooper widget pro for a custom clock on home screen, so having clock on status bar is redundant. Additionally I use Apex Launcher Pro.

Any info or feedback is appreciated, Thanks

Default Re: Hiding the clock in status bar on rooted GS3 running CM 11 snapshot

Normally this is easy to find if its in there which it should be. You will have usually a few options like NO CLOCK, CENTER CLOCK and then sometimes left and right side of status bar.

Usually they place it with the mods for signal strength & battery displays.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    314 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Normally this is easy to find if its in there which it should be. You will have usually a few options like NO CLOCK, CENTER CLOCK and then sometimes left and right side of status bar.

Usually they place it with the mods for signal strength & battery displays.
    I went through every setting, every option and Im still not seeing it. I recall this being a simple item that could be toggled on/off within the Settings/ Date & Time option. Additionally I checked Settings/Interface/Status bar and there is no option for time.

Guess it is possible CM hasn't added it in yet?
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

CM hasn't added this in yet. You can do this if you install xposed framework and Gravity Box.

FWIW, I'm running CM11 Snapshot with Nova Launcher Pro. The system settings menu doesn't have the option you're looking for, but Nova settings under "look and feel" has a "hide clock" option. Maybe an easy fix if you're not too attached to Apex Launcher?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    314 Global Posts

Just an update to close out this thread- CM 11 snapshot M3 corrected this issue. The option is now available in Settings/interface/Status bar