Galaxy S3 wont go past samsung logo

kingterof

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, my samsung galaxy s3 was working fine and suddenly it went to a black screen, I tried to turn it on but nothing happened. So i pulled the battery out and tried turning back on the phone. It was like normal the SAMSUNG (little vibration) then the SAMSUNG GALAXY SIII logo, but after that nothing happened (just black screen after logo, none of the buttons work). I tried with the reset options (like factory reset, etc) but I'm not even able to go to that menu so It wont work. I press home+upkey+home allll that and nothing works. I tried connecting with my pc but it won't even show in my pc, tried connecting to a charger but it does not charge ( I know the battery is full because before it all happened my battery was 100%)

I just don't know what is happening, everything was working and suddenly it just stopped. Is there anything I can try? I really need help with this. At least a way to recover all my data from the phone? (not the SD card)

I thank you in advance,

Kingterof

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Take the battery out, lay it flat on a table, and see if it can spin freely. If so, then the middle is bulging, which means the battery has gone bad, and you should try a new battery (preferably an official replacement from Samsung, since ones you buy on eBay have more chance of being counterfeit or of questionable quality.

Janosime

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
And what do you do if it doesn't spin freely? I'm having the exact same issue and my battery does not spin freely when I remove it and lay it flat. I also tried swapping my girlfriend's battery, and nothing changed.

Last edited: