Why Did S3 Lock Us Out?
My wife has an ATT Galaxy S3. After nearly a year of no problems, last week it suddenly greeted her with a password screen (emergency calls only). Now, she had never setup a password; and we tried every logical / possible password that we would have ever used. Nothing worked. The SIM card DID work in another device. We reached out to ATT and the mobile store - who each told us that the only solution was to do a factory reset. Which I finally gave up and did.
So, my question is "why" did this happen? What would trigger the device to lock up like this with a password that we never setup?
As you can imagine, my wife doesn't want to spend hours getting all her settings / apps / music set back up until she understands what happened.
Thanks for any insight that you could provide!
- 02-13-2014, 09:40 AM #2
- 02-13-2014, 11:02 AM #4
- By bulletbrain56 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 1Last Post: 02-13-2014, 05:47 PM
- By Adam Ringel in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 02-13-2014, 05:31 PM
- By Eldon River in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 02-13-2014, 05:21 PM
- By Eme twyuan in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 1Last Post: 02-13-2014, 07:16 AM
- By xstinkyx in forum Android AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 02-13-2014, 04:09 AM