AT&T 4.3 OTA Update

Jeb Bruce

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I currently am using 4.1.2 and my GS3 is rooted with the stock rom. I tried updating to 4.3 via OTA and it failed, so I am back to 4.1.2 and operational still. How do I update to a stock rooted rom ver 4.3? Can this be done yet? Is it better to keep 4.1.2?

Thanks

natefish

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I think you are better off keeping 4.1. 4.3 made my phone more sluggish and I started having issues with bluetooth where it would say something is connected, but no sound would route to the bluetooth device. Two replacement phone later and I'm still having the same issue. So, I ended up installing a custom rom, which I could have just done in the first place.

Posted via Android Central App

Sailindawg

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I currently am using 4.1.2 and my GS3 is rooted with the stock rom. I tried updating to 4.3 via OTA and it failed, so I am back to 4.1.2 and operational still. How do I update to a stock rooted rom ver 4.3? Can this be done yet? Is it better to keep 4.1.2?

Thanks

If you wish to keep root, update to 4.3, not have KNOX & still be able to flash to a stock rom, follow this post. Pc103 basically put together the multiple threads regarding the 4.3 update to be able to get around the locked bootloader & KNOX of the official 4.3 update. Read my posts back & forth with pc103. I followed his directions explicitly and now have my phone running 4.3 with the MJB modem, MJ2 insecure kernel with the LK3 bootloader. The beauty of this is that the phone has all the benefits of 4.3 without being locked down by the official 4.3 bootloader & KNOX. Because I'm rooted, I can set SELinux to enforcing with SELinuxModeChanger. I have all the latest security updates, TouchWiz goodies.
If that interests you, read that post & thread carefully! Read my posts back & forth with pc103. All files needed are listed in our posts. I'm a beginner with flashing, rooting. If you are careful, follow clean flashing technique, you are good to go. One note, regarding the rom used, there were two roms listed in the post I referenced, I used loserskater's rom. Upndown4par's rom got stuck at the AT&T boot logo on my phone.

Good luck!

Edit: The official OTA will fail because your rooted. Your phone doesn't pass the built-in checks of the official OTA. No problem though, probably saved you aggravation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Last edited: