Please help!

blinkchick765

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
My phone updated last night and it was anightmare! I have figured out how to change most of my settings, phone is no longer flashing when its ringing, ringtones are set back to how they were before...etc etc. But everytime I connect to wi-fi it goes through and syncs or downloads a whole album of my photos and then alerts me that it has downloaded them. This wouldn't be a huge problem except that my wi-fi at work reconnects over and over again as I walk through the various buildings. Does anyone know how to make it stop doing this?!? I have tried to shut off the syncing of everything I can think of but this is driving me nuts!

I've included a picture if that helps.

Attachments

• phone nonsense.jpg
    phone nonsense.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 19

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central :)
Do you know where these are being downloaded from? Dropbox or maybe G+?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

blinkchick765

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
I really don't know...I don't even use G+. Its all photos that I've downloaded either from Facebook or text messages at some point...There is a photo album of them but I don't know any reason why they would be downloading again.

Austin185

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Just the common download notification problem with 4.3. Go to your app drawer, find the downloads folder (black box with green arrow pointing down) and clear downloads in there

Posted via Android Central App

paulanyc

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
OMG! I am having the EXACT same problem! Not only does it download a few pics that are years old (so I'm not sure where they're being pulled from since I definitely didn't have the phone at the time) and several other documents (also dated), it does so every time I unlock my screen. It's also sucking my battery dry even when my phone just sits there. I really want to uninstall the update as it's driving me crazy. I saw the advice on clearing out the download file, but I have my resume there and don't want to lose it. My problem is that I don't have a lot of patience with techie stuff :mad: I'm thinking I should just hand my phone to a teenager to fix it :-[ I did sign up for Google + a few weeks ago and I'm not really liking it - really seems like big brother is watching :-X Not that I really care about that, but I don't want to "accidentally" send a message or text to my whole universe when it wasn't meant to go there - Yikes!

chrism.brunner

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Check to see if you have your phone set to be backed up to Google servers. This has caused the same issue for me... might not be your problem, but can't hurt to check.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

catesha

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Ok I hope this helps....I tried the other ways of clearing cache & cache data in the download and download manager....didn't want to lose all of my data so that was out of the question. So I begin searching in my settings and this is what I did
#1 ~ settings>more>reset app preferences (not sure if this is what did it, but I tried)
or
#2 ~ settings>more>storage>cached data......it's been about 30 minutes and the arrows have not returned.....just to be on the safe I side before I sent this off to you guys I reset my phone and low and below NO DOWNLOAD ARROWS........WHOOOOOO HOOOOOO :)

catesha

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Ok I hope this helps....I tried the other ways of clearing cache & cache data in the download and download manager....didn't want to lose all of my data so that was out of the question. So I begin searching in my settings and this is what I did
#1 ~ settings>more>reset app preferences (not sure if this is what did it, but I tried)
or
#2 ~ settings>more>storage>cached data......it's been about 30 minutes and the arrows have not returned.....just to be on the safe I side before I sent this off to you guys I reset my phone and low and below NO DOWNLOAD ARROWS........WHOOOOOO HOOOOOO

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2