Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Austin185
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Please help!

My phone updated last night and it was anightmare! I have figured out how to change most of my settings, phone is no longer flashing when its ringing, ringtones are set back to how they were before...etc etc. But everytime I connect to wi-fi it goes through and syncs or downloads a whole album of my photos and then alerts me that it has downloaded them. This wouldn't be a huge problem except that my wi-fi at work reconnects over and over again as I walk through the various buildings. Does anyone know how to make it stop doing this?!? I have tried to shut off the syncing of everything I can think of but this is driving me nuts!

I've included a picture if that helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Please help!-phone-nonsense.jpg  

Global Posts
    5,535 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Default Re: Please help!

Welcome to Android Central
    Do you know where these are being downloaded from? Dropbox or maybe G+?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I really don't know...I don't even use G+. Its all photos that I've downloaded either from Facebook or text messages at some point...There is a photo album of them but I don't know any reason why they would be downloading again.

Just the common download notification problem with 4.3. Go to your app drawer, find the downloads folder (black box with green arrow pointing down) and clear downloads in there

Posted via Android Central App
    GTWalling likes this.

OMG! I am having the EXACT same problem! Not only does it download a few pics that are years old (so I'm not sure where they're being pulled from since I definitely didn't have the phone at the time) and several other documents (also dated), it does so every time I unlock my screen. It's also sucking my battery dry even when my phone just sits there. I really want to uninstall the update as it's driving me crazy. I saw the advice on clearing out the download file, but I have my resume there and don't want to lose it. My problem is that I don't have a lot of patience with techie stuff I'm thinking I should just hand my phone to a teenager to fix it I did sign up for Google + a few weeks ago and I'm not really liking it - really seems like big brother is watching Not that I really care about that, but I don't want to "accidentally" send a message or text to my whole universe when it wasn't meant to go there - Yikes!

Check to see if you have your phone set to be backed up to Google servers. This has caused the same issue for me... might not be your problem, but can't hurt to check.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

Lightbulb Re: Please help!

Ok I hope this helps....I tried the other ways of clearing cache & cache data in the download and download manager....didn't want to lose all of my data so that was out of the question. So I begin searching in my settings and this is what I did
    #1 ~ settings>more>reset app preferences (not sure if this is what did it, but I tried)
    or
    #2 ~ settings>more>storage>cached data......it's been about 30 minutes and the arrows have not returned.....just to be on the safe I side before I sent this off to you guys I reset my phone and low and below NO DOWNLOAD ARROWS........WHOOOOOO HOOOOOO

Ok I hope this helps....I tried the other ways of clearing cache & cache data in the download and download manager....didn't want to lose all of my data so that was out of the question. So I begin searching in my settings and this is what I did
    #1 ~ settings>more>reset app preferences (not sure if this is what did it, but I tried)
    or
    #2 ~ settings>more>storage>cached data......it's been about 30 minutes and the arrows have not returned.....just to be on the safe I side before I sent this off to you guys I reset my phone and low and below NO DOWNLOAD ARROWS........WHOOOOOO HOOOOOO