Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AT&T Galaxy S3: Help! Won't boot up.

Starting last night my AT&T S3 will not boot up. Holding the power button does nothing, but removing and replacing the battery starts it up for about 5 seconds, long enough to see the Samsung screen then the Samsung Galaxy S3 screen, then shuts back down. Starting it in both reboot mode and download mode it will boot up in the same manner then again shut down promptly. Plugging it into a charger changes nothing (I've tried 3 different chargers, all work with my girlfriend's Verizon S3 that had a similar problem a month or so ago, but would start and stay on about one out of every five or so tries. Please help!
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-12-2014 at 10:19 AM.

Global Posts
    20,707 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Help! Won't boot up.

Quote Originally Posted by Janosime View Post
    Starting last night my AT&T S3 will not boot up. Holding the power button does nothing, but removing and replacing the battery starts it up for about 5 seconds, long enough to see the Samsung screen then the Samsung Galaxy S3 screen, then shuts back down. Starting it in both reboot mode and download mode it will boot up in the same manner then again shut down promptly. Plugging it into a charger changes nothing (I've tried 3 different chargers, all work with my girlfriend's Verizon S3 that had a similar problem a month or so ago, but would start and stay on about one out of every five or so tries. Please help!
    Welcome to the forums.
    Is the battery bulged? Take it out and try spinning it on a flat surface like a table. If it spins, it needs to be replaced.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the response. No, the battery does not spin freely. I also tried using my girlfriend's working battery, did not work in my phone.
    Edit: And my battery works in her phone.

Global Posts
    20,707 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

I'm not sure what can be wrong. It can be the hardware or the software

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Default Re: AT&T Galaxy S3: Help! Won't boot up.

Only recommendation I have is to try a JTAG service (ex: http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerc...-brick-repair/)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro