- 7 Posts
Stuck/broken power button on Galaxy s3?
The other day my phone power button just stopped having any resistance what so ever. There is no button now, it is just like it is there, you cannot push it. So i say a video and took the power button out and noticed the little white button inside did not push in, is it supposed to?. If anyone can help me fix this if it is easy then please help!. Thank you
Also, just so everyone knows. if i put the battery in, it starts without me doing anything, Then it hard shuts down. It is constantly powered
- 03-13-2014, 10:54 PM #2
- 03-16-2014, 01:43 PM #3
- 6,134 Posts
Re: Stuck/broken power button on Galaxy s3?
http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerc...button-repair/ is one source for replacing the actual Power switch (the white button that you referred to).
You could certainly do it yourself if you're familiar with soldering; the part is available on eBay.
It may even be that the switch just needs to be cleaned - with the battery out, you could spray electronic contact cleaner on the switch and try exercising it to see if it'll unstick. Just be careful to have it positioned so that it drips out directly - you don't want it to pool in the display. The best bet would be to follow one of those iFixit videos and take it apart so that the unnecessary components are disconnected.
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
- By coastalcarlson in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 3Last Post: 03-26-2014, 10:35 AM
- By teffects in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 4Last Post: 03-13-2014, 05:34 PM
- By juanmontes in forum GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 03-13-2014, 04:53 PM
- By JakeSonYu in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 2Last Post: 03-13-2014, 04:45 PM
- By B45 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 MiniReplies: 0Last Post: 03-13-2014, 03:20 PM