Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stuck/broken power button on Galaxy s3?

The other day my phone power button just stopped having any resistance what so ever. There is no button now, it is just like it is there, you cannot push it. So i say a video and took the power button out and noticed the little white button inside did not push in, is it supposed to?. If anyone can help me fix this if it is easy then please help!. Thank you

Also, just so everyone knows. if i put the battery in, it starts without me doing anything, Then it hard shuts down. It is constantly powered
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,102 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Stuck/broken power button on Galaxy s3?

Sounds like that little white button is staying pushed down instead of popping back out. I'm not sure how to fix that....
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

Default Re: Stuck/broken power button on Galaxy s3?

http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerc...button-repair/ is one source for replacing the actual Power switch (the white button that you referred to).

You could certainly do it yourself if you're familiar with soldering; the part is available on eBay.

It may even be that the switch just needs to be cleaned - with the battery out, you could spray electronic contact cleaner on the switch and try exercising it to see if it'll unstick. Just be careful to have it positioned so that it drips out directly - you don't want it to pool in the display. The best bet would be to follow one of those iFixit videos and take it apart so that the unnecessary components are disconnected.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk