- 3 Posts
Over here trying to fix the power on a gs3
So my power button failed, stuck to the hold position even thought the button wasn't depressed. I replaced it but it still acts like the button is being pressed, i looked closer and the mother board next to the power button has some scuff in it and i assume i messed up my mother board. My question, can i buy another motherboard that has a bad imei and somehow use mine that my phone currently has or what should i do? i have a replacement crappy phone on the side so time isn't an issue i just need to know what my next course of action should be with this phone because i really dont wanna get rif of it.
- 03-16-2014, 02:34 PM #2
- 6,973 Posts
Re: Over here trying to fix the power on a gs3
You may want to try having the experts (ex: http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerc...button-repair/) look at it.
Or just look for a replacement mainboard, although you probably want to be sure it has a good ESN - I'm no expert in that area, so perhaps someone else will chime in.
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
- By Anon8154066 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 61Last Post: 03-20-2014, 04:26 PM
- By rduncan7413 in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 0Last Post: 03-13-2014, 11:24 PM
- By d-roidz31 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 1Last Post: 03-13-2014, 11:17 PM
- By preppystud in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 1Last Post: 03-13-2014, 10:49 PM
- By Greazyfrog in forum Amazon Kindle FireReplies: 0Last Post: 03-13-2014, 10:02 PM