- 4 Posts
Rooted phone won't boot after factory update started
The most recent AT&T update started on my phone and now it won't boot up. Holding buttons during startup presents a Samsung logo with small blue print in upper corned saying recovery, but never goes anywhere else. I can't remember what I used to root the thing a few months ago, but it looks like I downloaded Odin back during that time but didn't end up using it.
I did the thing that I needed to root the phone for, so I am not tied to returning to a rooted state. Can someone advise as to the best way to get to functional?
- 03-16-2014, 01:14 PM #2
- 6,301 Posts
Re: Rooted phone won't boot after factory update started
I'd suggest using Odin to reload the stock firmware, which you should be able to find here - be warned that if you load the 4.3 firmware, you'll be able to root it (if needed in the future) but your options regarding messing with the bootloader, loading custom Recovery software and flashing other ROMs may be severely limited (at least, that's how it is for the Verizon version of the phone).
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
- By malexandram in forum AT&T Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 06-24-2015, 03:08 AM
- By imjimmy in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 11Last Post: 06-19-2015, 01:31 PM
- By Ali2365 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 03-14-2014, 02:00 PM
- By Ali2365 in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 1Last Post: 03-14-2014, 01:32 PM
- By XPMai in forum Samsung Galaxy S IIReplies: 0Last Post: 03-14-2014, 12:27 PM