My AT&T Galaxy S3 phone does not turn on.

SticknStack

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Never touched anything on this phone, completely stock.
Cannot access download mode or recovery mode.
Computer does not recognize it.
If the battery is in the phone and I plug it in nothing happens.
If the battery is not in the phone, and I plug it in, a red light turns on for 3 seconds and the phone vibrates and then it goes back to dead.
If the battery is not in the phone, and I plug it in, and then insert the battery the red light stays on.
Yesterday when I pulled the battery and plugged it in, it would show the Samsung logo and S3 logo before going back to death.

So is the data on the internal phone gone forever?

Snake Griffin

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Could the battery be dead? I know that the USB charging port would go bad on these phones and you couldn't connect to a PC or charge your phone. Mine was slightly loose and I'd have to wiggle it to get it to connect or charge.

Posted via Android Central App

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday when I pulled the battery and plugged it in, it would show the Samsung logo and S3 logo before going back to death.
It only did this once? Or every time you insert the battery the phone begins to boot on its own? If the latter, it's quite possible that the Power button (the little plastic piece) or the actual Power switch is stuck in the depressed state.

You could try purchasing a JIG, which force the phone into Download mode.

If we can find some way of getting the phone into Download mode then it may be possible to reload the firmware and access the existing data (no guarantees).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

SticknStack

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I figure I give an update.
I tried it with a combination of usb jig, new battery, and external sd card debrick image.
It was somewhat interesting that when I plugged in the new battery and then plugged the phone into a charger the charging icon would show on the screen for 1 second before going blank.
No response besides 2 vibrations.
Time to send it off to someone who knows more than me, thanks for the help though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet