AT&T S3 - aggravated!

netboy541

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello

I rooted my AT&T stock firmware S3 SGH-I747 running 4.3 for two reasons -

#1) to remove the irritating AT&T bloatware, namely the contacts sync that pops up about 15 times a hour on my phone (i'm not kidding. violence is about to ensue)
#2) to attempt to correct the WI-Fi native tethering without me having to fork over more money to the death star.
I was using foxfi for the longest occasionally for when I'm in a pinch and need to VPN into work while I'm traveling, but as we all know, with KitKat, that is broken now.

I have spent the better part of 5 hours of my life trying to figure out how to fix the WI-Fi issue named above, and I am no further than I was when I started, except I am more pissed off than I was to begin with. Second, I thought I got rid of all the AT&T bloatware, but the damned contacts sync popped up again on my phone.

Can someone please help me out (and don't say search in the forums cause I've done that, for hours now.) and point me in the right direction to accomplish the two simple things I've outlined above?

Thanks in advance!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I would suggest clearing cache in recovery. That might help the contact syncing.
As for the tethering, I don't know what to suggest.

natefish

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
The only way to get native wifi tethering like you want is to find an installable zip or install a custom rom. Since you are rooted, why not install a custom rom? As for the contacts, do you know which process is running when that goes on (besides the phone app)? I would look for that and try to stop or uninstall that. Again, a custom rom would have that removed.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton