Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3: Camera & Power Issues

Hello. First-time poster, but about a month ago, I dropped my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 from a fairly low height (about knee level) and it received a small crack on the back plastic cover. I didn't think the issue was a big deal, but I have had to deal with a sensitive power button that acts like a touch screen by responding to the lightest touches and does not require a full press to respond (it still clicks), the phone shutting off suddenly based on movements (resolved: film developed on battery connectors - cleaned with toothpick and no longer shutting off!), and the problem I only noticed recently; the front facing camera displays a blank white screen. The back facing camera works perfectly fine, so I am only facing difficulties with the front facing camera. I have disassembled and reassembled my phone quite a few times to pinpoint each of the problems, but there appears to be no physical damage (I could be wrong). Furthermore, I have done a factory reset - twice - and still no luck. I have had my phone for about a year and a half, so getting it replaced via warranty is out of the picture. Any advice?

Default Re: AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3: Camera & Power Issues

Welcome to the forums!

You can replace the Power switch yourself if you're comfortable with soldering.

Oddly enough, I couldn't find a front camera replacement at http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerc...ement-service/ (this was the rear camera - you'd think the front camera would be just as common). You can probably Google it and find a replacement module that just drops in.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk