- 1 Posts
GS3 screen randomly freezes
I looked around and I can't see anybody who has answered this question. The screen will randomly freeze. The bottom buttons don't work and the screen doesn't work but the home button still does. To fix it I have to lock the screen and unlock it. This takes just a few seconds but gets annoying sometimes. Does anybody have a permanent fix to this problem.
- 04-13-2014, 07:22 PM #2
Re: GS3 screen randomly freezes
Welcome to the forums!
If this happens frequently enough you can try booting into Safe mode http://support.verizonwireless.com/s...ase.html/59242 and see if the problem persists. If it doesn't then you can be pretty sure that a 3rd party application is causing your problem (Safe mode doesn't allow any 3rd party apps/services to run).
Are you using a 3rd party launcher or custom lock screen widgets?
Have you tried booting into Recovery mode and clearing the system cache?
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
- 05-11-2014, 09:29 PM #3
- 05-17-2014, 12:42 PM #4
- 06-02-2014, 06:48 AM #5
- 06-02-2014, 12:02 PM #6
- By dean290000 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 56Last Post: 02-17-2016, 06:13 PM
- By jonebk12 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5 AccessoriesReplies: 235Last Post: 06-11-2015, 10:46 PM
- By John Ferranti in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 12Last Post: 04-18-2014, 08:33 PM
- By AJ19920 in forum HTC One M7Replies: 1Last Post: 04-14-2014, 04:15 PM
- By maja_89 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0Replies: 0Last Post: 04-13-2014, 06:19 AM