Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S4 Active not showing received texts

My Act has been normal until last night, but now it's not showing the received texts. I reset my phone, and my settings allow 2500 messages per thread. I deleted some messages to be sure but it's still not normal. Any help?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 04-16-2014 at 09:05 AM.

Default Re: galaxy s4 Active not showing received texts

Welcome to the forums!

How do you know you've received new TMs if it's not showing them?

Are these SMS or MMS?

Do you have a good cellular signal (at least two bars)?

Which Messaging app are you using?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

currently i am using a messing app called Handcent (along with my regular message app). the text will pop up. If/when I close out of the notification and go 'look for it' both messaging and Handcent do no show the received message. I have had the same apps for a few months now, and I don't think anything changed. I do have great service everywhere. Some messages with emojis/pictures show up, but not all of them
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by lolapnola View Post
    I have had the same apps for a few months now, and I don't think anything changed.
    Meaning that Handcent hasn't been updated in all of that time? (The latest update was April 16th; if you're using any of their plug-ins who knows if those changed.) My point here is that you can't isolate a problem when you have too many variables.

I'd suggest uninstalling all of the Handcent components (Clear cache and Clear data on each one before uninstalling), then restart the phone, then see how your TMs behave.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I'll give that a try! thanks so much!!