Galaxy S3: Deleting screen captures

kdog509adam75

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I know this topic has been covered before. However, I have 3 screen captures on my phone. But when I go to the standard folders where you would expect to find screen capture, such as pictures/screen captures there is nothing there. In fact I can't find a folder on either my external card or on the phone anywhere that deals with screen captures. If I long press on the images in the gallery, all I get are options to email them or download them. Downloading does nothing. I made a bunch of albums so I could store all my camera images by category, but I can't even move them into one of these folders. I'm pulling what remains of my hair out trying to figure our how to get rid of them. Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: Deleting screen captures

I know this topic has been covered before. However, I have 3 screen captures on my phone. But when I go to the standard folders where you would expect to find screen capture, such as pictures/screen captures there is nothing there. In fact I can't find a folder on either my external card or on the phone anywhere that deals with screen captures. If I long press on the images in the gallery, all I get are options to email them or download them. Downloading does nothing. I made a bunch of albums so I could store all my camera images by category, but I can't even move them into one of these folders. I'm pulling what remains of my hair out trying to figure our how to get rid of them. Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated.

If you have a file explorer like ES File Explorer, you can try to search the phone for the name of the picture and see if you can delete it then.

-Wizzrah | AC Ambassador.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Welcome to the forums!
If I long press on the images in the gallery, all I get are options to email them or download them.
When you long-press an item in the Gallery you should get checkboxes shown next to each item, and the item that you long-pressed should have a checkmark, at which point the Trash icon should show up in the upper right corner.
vu2egu8a.jpg
Does that happen when you fiddle with other pictures?
Are you on 4.3?
Using the stock Gallery app?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

kdog509adam75

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

I don't get the trash can icon when I long press on the images like I do with all my other pictures. But looking at the example image you posted here, that last pic, of the cat, has the same wheel icon on it like the ones I am trying to delete if that makes a difference or offers a clue I may have overlooked.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Ah! Those pictures are automatically backed up to the cloud (by Picasa or Google+) and you'll have to manage them through whichever app it is that you use - I guess the Gallery app can only show them to you (since it doesn't 'own' them).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc