Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S3 clock issue

My phone won't keep the correct time. I didn't notice when it started, but it is almost always 10-30 minutes slow. I tried taking it off of "automatic date and time" setting, but it was still slow. Took it to AT&T store and was told to remove and reinsert the battery. This helps for the first hour or so, but then it starts to slow down again, gradually getting farther and farther away from the correct time. This is very annoying when trying to set my alarm and when texting - messages don't appear in the order they were sent. Any suggestions?

Default Re: Galaxy S3 clock issue

Welcome to the forums!

Do you normally have a good cellular signal (2 or 3 bars)? Your phone should be getting a time signal from the carrier, so it should always be up-to-date.

Anyway, it sounds like a hardware problem if you have a decent signal and it's not keeping time. You should do a Factory Reset, if for no other reason than that's the first thing the carrier will instruct you to do. Don't reinstall your apps after the Factory Reset and see if the time is still off - if it is, time for a replacement.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk