Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Upgrading Phone?

I had thought about upgrading my S3 but honestly after playing around with the S5 and the HTC One M8 I just couldn't find a really good reason other than boredom to upgrade.

Both are really nice but nothing blew me away with the "I just have to have it" feeling. So I will keep my S3 for awhile longer.

Anyone have any really good reason to upgrade?

Default Re: Upgrading Phone?

For S5
    Kitkat version of Android.
    Much nicer Touchwiz
    Live Auto HDR on photos and videos.
    Better screen.
    Better battery life.
    Water resistant, no more worries when it rains! You can wash screen when it's dirty and full with fingerprints.

For M8
    Something different than Samsung
    Something different than Touchwiz

Think what you don't like in your current phone if you found improvement in new devices than why not, but if you're happy with your phone this is good too

typed from dark room

My contract is up in July so I'm eagerly awaiting the date to get a new phone. The S3 is still a great phone I'm just ready for something different. That being said I won't be going to the S5 I want something besides Sammy. Now comes the hard part deciding on what to go with. Excited to see what LG brings at the end of the month but I have never used that OS. The M8 to me is a awesome phone I love it and it could very well be the one I pick. My short list
    1. M8
    2. LG G3 (this could slide in priority after launch)
    3. Nexus 5

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

Bro, I totally feel you. I also have an S3, and I was expecting a KitKat update this year. After I read the news that no update was going to ever come, a small part of me died.

That being said, I love my S3, and it works perfectly. I have Omega ROM installed. It can play all the games I play, and run it quite well, too. It has amazing battery life, plus, I invested in a spare battery and a battery charger. I don't think I'll upgrade a phone anytime soon, not until my S3 still has some heart left.

Regarding the no update will ever come. That is just for the GT-I9300 International version. That does not apply to the ATT GS3 model.

I had to clarify for people that might come in to this ATT GS3 Forum thread and think KitKat has been cancelled.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

went and bought an LG2. Have to say I love it so far. A definite upgrade from the S3.

Battery life is much better than I had.